Main Menu

Building a pit

Started by Jarhead0331, January 10, 2019, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Yskonyn, those joystick and throttle holder thingies are your DIY constructions, or can be purchased somewhere? 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tamas on January 11, 2019, 06:10:19 AM
Yskonyn, those joystick and throttle holder thingies are your DIY constructions, or can be purchased somewhere?

They can be purchased. Google "HOTAS desk mounts"
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tamas

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 11, 2019, 06:41:40 AM

They can be purchased. Google "HOTAS desk mounts"

Cheers.

joram

No cockpit setup is complete without the emergency box of tissues!

Kushan

I'm disappointed, I was expecting pictures of Jarhead cutting off the nose section of a retired fighter and moving it into his living room.

I've been thinking over the last few months about building a home cockpit in the next few years. Given that I tend to fly multiple different aircraft I'll probably build generically rather then doing say a dedicated 737 flight deck.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

acctingman

Gusington

'Nerds...nerds never change...'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Phantom

I've done something similar for playing my WW1 sim "Verdun" - its just a normal PC desk but I stand up in about a foot of freezing cold water, only eat biscuits & rancid water, and get my wife to subject me to mock "gas attacks" by spraying me with mace when I'm least expecting it.
It really adds to the atmosphere, though I did lose 2 toes recently.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: joram on January 11, 2019, 08:30:30 AM
No cockpit setup is complete without the emergency box of tissues!

i assumed that was there for when the PC was being used for "other" purposes.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

They are these:
https://www.monstertech.de/en/product/joystick-hotas-table-mount/
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Oh and I'd like to add the Jetseat as a great pit part!
If a game isnt supported as a profile in USB mode you can still get force feedback in Sound Intercept mode (like Elite Dangerous).
Especially in VR a superb increaser of immersion!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Kushan

Little off topic but didn't feel like starting a new thread.

My TrackIR Pro clip broke, again. Was looking at getting a Delanclip as a replacement for the flimsy pro clip that I've broken multiple times now and came across the Delanclip Fusion, a wireless tracking clip. Anyone have one these? I've seen the normal Delanclip is highly recommended as a TrackIR Pro clip replacement but I'm always down for cutting out wires if possible.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Killjoy12

I had the same issue with my TrackIR Pro clip, so I picked up a LukeClip.   I have been quite happy with it.   https://www.facebook.com/lukeclip/ 

Quote from: Kushan on January 16, 2019, 11:57:49 PM

My TrackIR Pro clip broke, again. Was looking at getting a Delanclip as a replacement for the flimsy pro clip that I've broken multiple times now and came across the Delanclip Fusion, a wireless tracking clip. Anyone have one these? I've seen the normal Delanclip is highly recommended as a TrackIR Pro clip replacement but I'm always down for cutting out wires if possible.