Strategic Command Classic competition

Started by Boggit, May 08, 2018, 03:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

This is the line up so far. D-Day is 1st June (due to good weather in the channel! ;)  ;D).

Round 1
Weapons and Warfare - 1941-45 Battle for Russia

Millipede (Axis) vs Nelmsm (Soviet)
Cyrano (Axis) vs Iudi1867 (Soviet)
Ethel the Frog (Axis) vs Yskonyn (Soviet)
Iudi1867 (Axis) vs Anguille (Soviet)
JasonPratt (Axis) vs Shelldrake (Soviet)

Round 2
Patton Drives East - Stalin Drives West

Millipede (Soviet) vs Iudi1867 (Allies)
Cyrano (Soviet) vs Shelldrake (Allies)
Ethel the Frog (Soviet) vs Nelmsm (Allies)
JasonPratt (Soviet) vs Yskonyn (Allies)
Anguille (Soviet) vs TBC (Volunteer needed please!)

Round 3
Pacific Theater - 1944-45 Philippines

Millipede (Allies) vs Ethel the Frog (Imperial Japan)
Cyrano (Allies) vs JasonPratt (Imperial Japan)
Shelldrake (Allies) vs Iudi1867 (Imperial Japan)
Nelmsm (Allies) vs Yskonyn (Imperial Japan)
TBC (Volunteer needed please!) vs Anguille (Imperial Japan)

NB I have one Steam Code left in the event we get another player. If not then please consider joining Iudi1867 as a volunteer to face off against Anguille. (You will get the best score of your two games to add to your total, so something to consider especially if you do badly in Round 1).
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

I have some good news for you.  :bd:

Paolo at Slitherine is kindly donating a game (TBC) as prize for the winner.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Shelldrake

Quote from: Boggit on May 25, 2018, 09:05:45 PM
I have some good news for you.  :bd:

Paolo at Slitherine is kindly donating a game (TBC) as prize for the winner.

Nice!  :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

nelmsm

JasonPratt

Excellent!

(...I may have to donate my win, I own pretty much everything there already.)

(... ....keep that in mind when playing me, there could be a free game for you if you let me win enough people lose often enough.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Father Ted

Quote from: Boggit on May 24, 2018, 08:37:19 PM

NB I have one Steam Code left in the event we get another player

If no one else is interested I'll give this a go.  I have no experience with the game, so I'll be cannon-fodder, but this seems to be a good way for me to get into playing MP

Shelldrake

Quote from: Father Ted on May 26, 2018, 04:40:23 PM

If no one else is interested I'll give this a go.  I have no experience with the game, so I'll be cannon-fodder, but this seems to be a good way for me to get into playing MP

You will have company in the cannon fodder category as I also have no experience with this particular game.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Boggit

Quote from: Father Ted on May 26, 2018, 04:40:23 PM

That's fine. I'll rejig the league a bit so you get a variety of opponents and situations. Check your PM for the code. :)

Boggit

Now that Father Ted has joined us, this is the revised line up.

D-Day is 1st June, but we can delay to say Friday 4th June if any of you still need more practice? Let me know, otherwise 1st June it starts.

Round 1
Weapons and Warfare - 1941-45 Battle for Russia

Millipede (Axis) vs Nelmsm (Soviet)
Cyrano (Axis) vs Iudi1867 (Soviet)
Ethel the Frog (Axis) vs Yskonyn (Soviet)
Father Ted (Axis) vs Anguille (Soviet)
JasonPratt (Axis) vs Shelldrake (Soviet)

Round 2
Patton Drives East - Stalin Drives West

Millipede (Soviet) vs Iudi1867 (Allies)
Father Ted (Soviet) vs Shelldrake (Allies)
Ethel the Frog (Soviet) vs Nelmsm (Allies)
JasonPratt (Soviet) vs Yskonyn (Allies)
Anguille (Soviet) vs Cyrano (Allies)

Round 3
Pacific Theater - 1944-45 Philippines

Ethel the Frog (Allies) vs Father Ted (Imperial Japan)
Cyrano (Allies) vs JasonPratt (Imperial Japan)
Shelldrake (Allies) vs Iudi1867 (Imperial Japan)
Nelmsm (Allies) vs Yskonyn (Imperial Japan)
Anguille (Allies) vs Millipede (Imperial Japan)

I've mixed it about a bit, so you should get at least one game where you're on the strategic attack/defence, and should get a different opponent in each game... Good luck! \m/

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Father Ted

Hate to be that guy, but could we delay to the 4th?  I literally only fired up the game for the first time today

Boggit

Quote from: Father Ted on May 27, 2018, 01:57:01 PM
Hate to be that guy, but could we delay to the 4th?  I literally only fired up the game for the first time today
Well no one seems upset about that. O0

The competition starts 4th June.

It's up to you guys, but I can see no reason why the games can't be played concurrently if that suits you better. Let me know your preferences. :)

Yskonyn

Shelldrake

June 4 works for me - maybe by then I will have managed to beat the AI on beginner! :)

Dean Edell