One for Metal Dog

Started by bayonetbrant, September 08, 2014, 05:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

^Anybody else see 'Kingsmen: Golden Circle' yet?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Yep

Bayonet Jr is actually downstairs watching it right now
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I still need to watch the first one.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

First one was a fun watch.  Haven't seen the second.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Second one was about as tongue-in-cheek as the first. Not as good as the first one, but it definitely had some great action scenes and camera work. The first one was thoroughly entertaining, and though I didn't think the second one was as good, it was still pretty great.

bayonetbrant

I can't really talk about the biggest problem I had with the second one without spoiling the first 20 minutes of the movie.

But my 2 other complaints were relatively minor: 

1.  The 'names' for the Statesmen.  I get the King Arthur homages from the Kingsmen, b/c they were referring to actual people.  But naming agents after kinds of drinks?  That was just dorky.  There were better/smarter/more appropriate options available than having an agent running around named "Tequila"

2.  The bro-country cover of "Word Up".  Whatever 'genius' thought that up needs to be sentenced to work for Uwe Boll for the next decade.

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 19, 2018, 09:00:51 PM
Too bad Uwe retired.

no, that's a perfect penance for that person

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

The Rampage series is actually fairly good, considering Boll did them.

His track record is something on the good:bad ratio of 1:100, so that's not great, but not everything he does is terrible. Then again a broken clock is right twice a day, so...

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

mirth