Main Menu

I demand a favicon!

Started by Huw the Poo, November 28, 2012, 02:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Grogheads looks decidedly plain in my bookmarks folder, alongside all the other websites with their shining little favicons.  I demand that you make one!  Immediately, if not sooner!

LongBlade

If you'll observe the sticky just above this thread you'll find that I have posted my own collection of them on Photobucket for your copy & pasting pleasure. ;)

We'll eventually do that, but we're working on the technical aspects of having a dev box for the forums - you know, just so we don't break anything on the live site.

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1473.0

Strike that. I see. You mean a web icon or whatever.

OK, I'll send fluffy over to administer more beatings to the code monkey.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on November 28, 2012, 02:15:31 PM
If you'll observe the sticky just above this thread you'll find that I have posted my own collection of them on Photobucket for your copy & pasting pleasure. ;)

We'll eventually do that, but we're working on the technical aspects of having a dev box for the forums - you know, just so we don't break anything on the live site.

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1473.0

Strike that. I see. You mean a web icon or whatever.

OK, I'll send fluffy over to administer more beatings to the code monkey.

That sounds kinky... just saying
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Huw the Poo

Yes.  There must be spankings until satisfaction is achieved.  My thanks to you, sir.

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Huw the Poo

Haha, I knew what that would be before I even clicked! :)

bayonetbrant

Just so you don't think we're complete plonkers.  I worked on this over the weekend and they all looked like crap.

I'll continue to tweak until we get something that doesn't look like crap.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Huw the Poo

Heh, I was thinking about this recently and thought you'd forgotten.  Thanks for the update! :)

Huw the Poo

I had a crack at it.  Can't attach .ico files here - can I email it somewhere?

bayonetbrant

send it to me.  PM me for email info.  Thanks!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Huw the Poo

So, you've got time to make a spinny avatar thing but no time for a favicon huh?  I see!

:'(

bayonetbrant

stole the avatar from somewhere else

The problem with the favicon is that it's not loading properly into the site header and keeps throwing up snippets of HTML at the top of the page.  It does this no matter what favicon I use.  Methinks it's a troubleshooting problem for people that actually know what they're doing.

Windigo

Huw the Poo

Muahaha!

I like the avatar too, Windigo!

Windigo

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 09, 2013, 04:27:51 PM
Muahaha!

I like the avatar too, Windigo!

Thanks Huw!

I take the 1 000 000 monkeys approach to avatars, I switch avatars up almost as often as Star switches hands.