As we gaze out on, St. Dominic's FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, November 01, 2019, 05:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Oh my there is a lot of good stuff to talk about this week.  (at least stuff that is appealing to me that is being discussed by other grogs  8) )

AGEOD's ACW2 is my favorite American Civil War game as well.  I'm glad to see it being mentioned here.  I've also only ever played as the Union and I can beat the AI through brute force that is built up slowly over time.  There is no way this strategy would work against a human opponent.  Good thing I don't play this game against humans.  I've learned that AGEOD games are best enjoyed solo in the quiet comfort of one's home.

Quote from: Anguille on November 01, 2019, 11:05:05 AM
I will continue my let's play on youtube with Horizon. I am also planning on starting a new one with Oriental Empires as Liu Bei. So far, i am doing these in french.

You speak French?  If so did the developers translate the game properly?  Just curious.  Languages are a hobby of mine.

Quote from: al_infierno on November 01, 2019, 01:50:07 PM
WarPlan is probably the main thing I'll sink my time into -- time to start a new 1939 campaign after the newest updates.  In the meantime, I'm switching it up with some Japan '46 -- slogging my way through the USMC beach landing and getting absolutely annihilated on every turn.  Yikes.

When I'm feeling a bit more braindead and arcadey, I'll be giving the new Battlefield V PTO content a spin.  The new maps seem pretty good.  Might also get around to finishing Modern Warfare.

Warplan is awesome.  I'm really loving the fact that it is not too simple say as Strategic Command but it is not too complex like GG WitE.

I'm also probably going to try the PTO content for Battlefield V.  I haven't played the game in ages due to it's very rocky start.  Hopefully now it is a fleshed out game?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Anguille

Quote from: W8taminute on November 01, 2019, 03:31:20 PM
I will continue my let's play on youtube with Horizon. I am also planning on starting a new one with Oriental Empires as Liu Bei. So far, i am doing these in french.
You speak French?  If so did the developers translate the game properly?  Just curious.  Languages are a hobby of mine.
Yes i do. The game is very well translated. I even think that the main developer (the company is from Canada) can also speak french. But i could also be that the translation was done by Iceberg. I know the game is also avaibable in spanish for instance.

W8taminute

Quote from: Anguille on November 01, 2019, 04:26:04 PM
Yes i do. The game is very well translated. I even think that the main developer (the company is from Canada) can also speak french. But i could also be that the translation was done by Iceberg. I know the game is also avaibable in spanish for instance.

Very interesting.  We've all seen how funny the english language in games can be when translated by non native english speakers.  I always wondered how games that are localized to regions other than english speakers turn out.  Good to hear the game is well translated.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Anguille

Quote from: W8taminute on November 01, 2019, 05:43:05 PM
Quote from: Anguille on November 01, 2019, 04:26:04 PM

Very interesting.  We've all seen how funny the english language in games can be when translated by non native english speakers.  I always wondered how games that are localized to regions other than english speakers turn out.  Good to hear the game is well translated.   O0
I did a couple of translations myself for some games from Slitherine.

If there's any interest, i could try to do Something in English.

MetalDog

Quote from: Tuna on November 01, 2019, 06:12:07 AM
Well do your turn, we're all waiting on you!!!  :pullhair:

;)

Done and done.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

nelmsm

Got PBEM files to return and then some JTS playtesting to do but may squeeze in an hour or two of Armored Brigade since I picked up the new French-Belgium DLC.

Martok

Not much gaming for me, as I work all weekend. 

Time allowing, I may fire up Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, as another update just dropped.  Nice to see Stardock still supporting the game. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces