Polaris Sector - another new space 4x

Started by RedArgo, November 02, 2015, 04:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedArgo

Another entry into the space 4x genre.  This one has been in progress for a while under a different name.  Slitherine is looking for beta testers.

http://www.slitherine.com/games/polaris_sector
http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2015/10/polaris-sector-announced-and-beta-sign-ups-begin/

Jarhead0331

Interesting...but my main focus is on Stellaris. Following the dev blog, the game is looking better and better.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

tgb

I applied but it's going to take something special to rise above the 3,279 space 4X games already out there.

bbmike

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2015, 05:05:57 PM
Interesting...but my main focus is on Stellaris. Following the dev blog, the game is looking better and better.

Yeah, I have hope for Stellaris as well. With a little hope left over for Predestination.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

sandman2575

Quote from: tgb on November 02, 2015, 05:17:20 PM
I applied but it's going to take something special to rise above the 3,279 space 4X games already out there.

Very much agree. Looks nice, but also looks like so many other space 4x already on the market...

Anguille

Kushan

I applied to be a beta tester but like everyone else its going to have to be something special to take attention from Stellaris.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

tgb

I'm not concerned about it pulling me away from Stellaris, since that's probably a year away.  I'm more concerned with playing for 15 minutes, having a "been there, done that" experience, and wanting to go back to it.

Martok

Stellaris is probably the space strategy game I'm most excited about too, but I've had an interest in this one for quite some time as well. 

Until very recently, it was titled Galaxia: Remember Tomorrow, and the dev (who's a frequent poster in the Explorminate forums) has said and shown a fair bit of it (see here).  I don't know if he's doing anything particularly groundbreaking with the genre per se, but I like a lot of the mechanics & features he's including, and the way he's putting them together.  I suspect Polaris Sector could end up being a proverbial diamond in the rough; time will tell. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

tgb

Quote from: Martok on November 09, 2015, 01:44:39 PM
Stellaris is probably the space strategy game I'm most excited about too, but I've had an interest in this one for quite some time as well. 

Until very recently, it was titled Galaxia: Remember Tomorrow, and the dev (who's a frequent poster in the Explorminate forums) has said and shown a fair bit of it (see here).  I don't know if he's doing anything particularly groundbreaking with the genre per se, but I like a lot of the mechanics & features he's including, and the way he's putting them together.  I suspect Polaris Sector could end up being a proverbial diamond in the rough; time will tell.

Looks like we're getting the band back together.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Pete Dero

Nefaro

LOL @ "Space Koalas".   :D

Does that mean Space Kangaroos will be added too?

^-^

Anguille

It seems the ship design is really fun.