What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

He likes knives and guns.  And heroin.  Lots and lots of heroin.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Huh. I don't recall that story. I'll have to re-read the book, it's been a little while. Thing is, the book is not just about Led Zep; it has lots of stories from different bands and artists in there.

Oh! Almost forgot to say this. I read Ozzy's autobiography this past summer, I Am Ozzy. That book is ALL kinds of brilliant. If you want to know something about his upbringing and how he got in with Black Sabbath, this book should be in your library right now. It was highly engaging and kept me hooked through the end.

MetalDog

Hate to stick you out in public, B_C, but, Keith Richards is the guitar player from the Rolling Stones.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on January 19, 2014, 08:41:36 PM
Hate to stick you out in public, B_C, but, Keith Richards is the guitar player from the Rolling Stones.

MD, I KNOW that.  :P I misunderstood the first shark fish thing, I thought he was asking about the Led Zep book I posted the link for.

Keith Richards is living proof that Egyptian mummies walk among us.

MetalDog

He is a bit, 'Walking Dead,' isn't he?  No, the mud shark incident is pretty famous.  And according to a Frank Zappa song, the vanilla Fudge were present and recorded the whole affair on Super 8.  Not sure I would actually want to see the footage, but I sure would like to possess the film :)

JasonPratt

Just started on the Thousand Mile War book (recommended way above in the thread) on the Alaskan WW2 campaign, after finishing The Genesis of Science, a warts-and-all-but-respectful look at how the early through late medieval period picked up Greco-Roman studies and developed them (sometimes in hilariously wrong ways by our standards, but at least they were trying. :) )

Have started re-reading the updated Kindle version of The Complete History of Jack the Ripper, but it hasn't been that long since I read the original 1990s edition and (naturally) not much has changed (and what did change has been basically covered in a new introduction), so I may move on to something else soon.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

WallysWorld

Working on Hugh Thomas' tome on "The Spanish Civil War". Still in the build up to the civil war part of the book. Thomas goes into great detail about the different political parties in Spain during the Republic.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

I would definitely want to watch the footage, with Keith Richards watching next to me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on January 20, 2014, 12:23:15 PM
I would definitely want to watch the footage, with Keith Richards watching next to me.

Gusington: the Grogheads' Dexter.

Gusington

Amongst other issues. Like dwarfism and a libido run amok.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I meant it as a compliment.

Although dwarves are pretty awesome as is a libido (as long as the 'better half' plays along).

GDS_Starfury

Im reading Gus's diary.
most interesting.  while Ive used the turkey baster before hes quite creative in its applications.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

I am nothing if not creative.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

but aveeno in the baster was a stroke of genius!
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

Did you get to the 4girls1cup part? Gus started it before there was a 2/1.