Main Menu

Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Raied

fabius

That release date is most welcome news

The play through looks good too.

Gusington

Nice, I didn't expect it so soon. Sweet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Are were there yet?   :))

CJReich46

I loved Pike and Shot, I am definitely on board for this.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Destraex

I love the look of this game. But cannot get over the units taking turns standing their and getting the crap beaten out of each other for no response.

WEGO, the next step.
I would love for this to be WEGO. However unlike most WEGO the next evolution for WEGO to be implimented here would be WEGO with contingency orders for reacting during the 1 minute of real time.

After all these years I am still waiting to see a game that actually simulates real formations in 3D. Funnily enough Total War for all of it's arcade like features and lack of historical care comes closest still to a real ancient battle! Combat Mission and Scourge of War (interface breaks that game) come closest in other theatres.

FOG still has micro BORG managed units. No communication simulation as far as I can tell either.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jomni

Quote from: Destraex on September 11, 2017, 07:14:29 PM
I love the look of this game. But cannot get over the units taking turns standing their and getting the crap beaten out of each other for no response.

WEGO, the next step.
I would love for this to be WEGO. However unlike most WEGO the next evolution for WEGO to be implimented here would be WEGO with contingency orders for reacting during the 1 minute of real time.

After all these years I am still waiting to see a game that actually simulates real formations in 3D. Funnily enough Total War for all of it's arcade like features and lack of historical care comes closest still to a real ancient battle! Combat Mission and Scourge of War (interface breaks that game) come closest in other theatres.

FOG still has micro BORG managed units. No communication simulation as far as I can tell either.

It's not meant to be a full simulation. A lot abstraction still with table top feel. But die rolls are not six sided anymore.

RyanE

AAR at the wargamer...

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/battle-for-the-horn-of-africa-a-field-of-glory-ii-aar/

I have never been super interested in ancient warfare, but this has me interested.

fabius

Been enjoying Das Tactic's plays. Seems like several youtubers have overrun on time due the 'one more turn' feel

Looks like this is going to be gem.

CJReich46

Quote from: Raied on September 11, 2017, 10:07:12 AM
Dum dum duuum!!! Release date 13th October
http://store.steampowered.com/app/660160
Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh9dNRn8iic

:clap: :clap: :clap: I am OFF WORK that Friday too  :buck2:

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Tpek

COME OUT ALREADY!!!!!   :D  :nerd:

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on October 10, 2017, 06:15:03 AM

I'm beginning to fear seeing the price.

Although some of the others, based on the same engine, were fairly reasonable IIRC.

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on October 10, 2017, 10:49:03 AM
Quote from: Tpek on October 10, 2017, 06:15:03 AM

I'm beginning to fear seeing the price.

Although some of the others, based on the same engine, were fairly reasonable IIRC.

$40, Matrix standard, would be my guess.