Main Menu

Burn in FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, August 16, 2018, 11:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Vehicle work (low grade wrenching) and yard work look to be taking the lion's share of time - Aunt was out with her chainsaw last weekend and wound up with some stitches in her ankle after the tip got away with her (silly 74 year old and battery powered tools) so I got her yard to do as well now.

Otherwise, I need to spend some time with Arma.

Take it easy, folks!

bbmike

This might be the most depressing Friday thread ever!  :D
Not much time for gaming this weekend. Taking it easy at the river house.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

This week has been hard for my family notably my mom.  It marked the 3rd anniversary of my cousin's death, and today is what would have been my uncle's (my mom's older brother) 77th birthday and her cousin is in hospital.

So what am I doing this weekend? Working mostly (Yay....Back to School.  :uglystupid2:)

Gaming wise? I am looking at Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, Endless Space 2.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

^Sorry man...hope it gets a little less painful.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WYBaugh

Had 3 hernia's operated on at the same time (only knew about two :( ) The day after was rough but really was not as bad as I was expecting.  Get up and walk as soon as you can.  Really the only pain point was the mesh hurting for awhile when you would move wrong.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2018, 05:14:32 PM
^Nursing your hernia?

No, but it's starting to sound like it's just a matter of time.  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

God I hope not...stay strong.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Quote from: WYBaugh on August 17, 2018, 06:09:16 PM
Had 3 hernia's operated on at the same time (only knew about two :( ) The day after was rough but really was not as bad as I was expecting.  Get up and walk as soon as you can.  Really the only pain point was the mesh hurting for awhile when you would move wrong.

All Stomach? I had pretty intense pain for 2 days. But as you mentioned. The other thing you have to watch is that they do either create another hernia on keyhole entry to the belly button or that you have another. I have heard of people with the two groin hernias having a third in the stomach in a triangle formation.

P.S. Thanks guys. I am now in danger of getting that rome2 addon for the next week of recovery.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

WYBaugh

Quote from: Destraex on August 17, 2018, 07:07:03 PM
Quote from: WYBaugh on August 17, 2018, 06:09:16 PM

All Stomach? I had pretty intense pain for 2 days. But as you mentioned. The other thing you have to watch is that they do either create another hernia on keyhole entry to the belly button or that you have another. I have heard of people with the two groin hernias having a third in the stomach in a triangle formation.

P.S. Thanks guys. I am now in danger of getting that rome2 addon for the next week of recovery.

That was exactly what I had...triangle of pain!

Sir Slash

I know what I'm doing this weekend. Taking care of my Hernia so I don't have to compare scars with you guys some day.  :hide:   And a little Pillars of Eternity 2 along with a grandkids Birthday party thrown in. Grandkids don't leave scars.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

A subdivision of Grogs is GrogsHerniaClub.org. Check it out. A doctors certificate will be issued on Hernia confirmation. :P
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Ian C

Hearts of Iron 4, Endless Space 2 (trying the Vaulters for first time), some Witcher 3.

JasonPratt

The beginning of my labors nears its end, one way or another:

The forum game thread for THE GROGPUBLIC OF ROME now opens!

Link to the thread
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!