Main Menu

Recent posts

Computer Gaming / Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 12:02:47 AM
Quote from: Destraex on Yesterday at 11:43:36 PMYep it's good so far. No spoilers though. 3.23 Star Citizen just dropped and am engaged with that!!!

Yup. I'm all patched and ready to play. Unfortunately, when I tried, I was number 8,467 in the line with an expected wait of an hour and sixteen minutes. No thanks.
Last post by Destraex - Yesterday at 11:43:36 PM
Yep it's good so far. No spoilers though. 3.23 Star Citizen just dropped and am engaged with that!!!
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by FarAway Sooner - Yesterday at 10:30:37 PM
Quote from: Skoop on Yesterday at 06:26:13 PMI've been hearing about the build up for a couple weeks.  Interesting, cause this is one where Ukraine won't just give ground.

Not if they have any choice, certainly!

We've been hearing reports that the Russian Army is on the verge of collapse for about 21 months now.  So far, they've proven to have the same indifference to casualties that they had in WW2.

To be sure, the tardy supply of basic ammunition from the US and from Western European allies has left them in a bad place for a while.  It's a little unclear how quickly that can be remedied now that the US is getting off its collective butt.  Better late than never, although it still pisses me off that the US dropped the baton like it did in keeping basic logistical materials flowing.

I'm now convinced that the Europeans can only move quickly to provide aid to Ukraine if something is:  A) painless; and B) offers A LOT of money for national special interests of some sort or another.  Otherwise, the Europeans seem to be happy sitting on their asses, rattling their sabres, and authorizing the transfer of small handfuls of fairly expensive and impressive-sounding equipment while they patiently wait for their corporations to be guaranteed billions of Euroes via free market contracting before they lift a finger.
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Yesterday at 08:58:01 PM
I'm really enjoying the campaign so far. It has that Homeworld immersive feel and they have nailed the aesthetic and sounds of the original titles. Story is good and the combat is fun.

No regerts here yet.
GrogHeads Feedback / Re: Grogheads AAR! Second Fron...
Last post by Uberhaus - Yesterday at 08:38:31 PM
Thanks guys!  High praise indeed.  Jarhead polished it up a bit, took out the worst jokes and added some flair compared to the original guide.  I've learned some pointers. 

If anyone has any questions, comments or just want to ask why the hell I did something, please ask away.
Computer Gaming / Re: Combat Mission new for 202...
Last post by Grim.Reaper - Yesterday at 06:37:47 PM
I hope that wasn't the new game they were teasing...
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by Skoop - Yesterday at 06:26:13 PM
I've been hearing about the build up for a couple weeks.  Interesting, cause this is one where Ukraine won't just give ground.

Last post by Skoop - Yesterday at 06:21:06 PM
Quote from: Destraex on Yesterday at 09:37:25 AMA brand new social version called a multiplayer engine upgrade that allows coop play? :)

An AI that no longer follows a random choice of 3 predetermined paths?

I'd love for combat mission coop. It can't be that hard, if you can connect for pvp, how hard can it be to have two players on the same side against AI ?  This is why I love and hate battlefront.
Last post by al_infierno - Yesterday at 06:10:40 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on Yesterday at 05:59:43 PMThe irony is, of course, that he said he didn't want to throw any premature announcements out there, because they would raise unreasonable expectations in the community, and yet he did and now there are

Hilariously enough, as I recall, the whole "no more premature announcements" thing was because they announced release months and then missed them without any notice multiple times in a row.  Apparently putting out a "Hey, we're gonna need to delay this" sometime during the month when it becomes clear you won't hit the deadline is just too much to manage.