Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

I see Stellaris is 60% off on Steam right now.  Without reading through 77 pages here, I assume the general consensus is that you guys would give it a thumbs up now?  What about the Utopia expansion as that is half off now too?  That is getting mixed reviews on Steam.  Thanks.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Geezer

It sounds like there will be so many changes in 2.0 that it's probably not worth starting a new game until that releases.  Anyone know if there will be new tutorials?

Emir Agic

Good overview of new and changed features in upcoming 2.0 update:

Also, there is an overview of new things in Apocalypse DLC:

OJsDad

The 2.0 Cherryh patch has been released, 499.1 MB.  That does not include the Apocalypse DLC, which I haven't purchased yet. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

^According to Steam, it does include the Apocalypse DLC if you bought it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

Ok, I took a few minutes to load a game. 

When you launch Stellaris there is a pop up after the initial load outlining the major changes.  It also provides a link on how to continue playing games prior to 2.0.

The game setup screen has a lot more options, including when mid and late game crisis starts and the cost of tech.  For fun, I ran tech up to 5x, and started a game.  The cheapest starting tech that I had to choose from was 2500!

Cannot wait until I can get a chance to really sit down with this. 

Jarhead0331

I can't wait either...I'm so upset I'm going away this weekend for my anniversary with the Mrs. You guys think she may agree to change plans so I can stay home and play?  :uglystupid2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 22, 2018, 09:40:05 AM
I can't wait either...I'm so upset I'm going away this weekend for my anniversary with the Mrs. You guys think she may agree to change plans so I can stay home and play?  :uglystupid2:

Are you a divorce attorney?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 22, 2018, 09:40:05 AM

What's the limit on your credit card?

Rayfer

I want the new dlc but the $20.00 cost is disappointing. I'm not saying it isn't fair, it's just that my game-funds are limited. Will probably wait for the next round of sales.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on February 22, 2018, 11:31:30 AM
I want the new dlc but the $20.00 cost is disappointing. I'm not saying it isn't fair, it's just that my game-funds are limited. Will probably wait for the next round of sales.

My first reaction was also that the price may be a little high. $14.99 would probably have been the sweet spot.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog