Decades Feeder Bracket - 1968 Final 4

Started by MetalDog, November 23, 2017, 07:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Those were some really close votes!  Two ties at 7-7 and one at 8-6.  OUTstanding!  One song though, this one song REALLY cleaned up.  Whooped the DOG out of its opponent!  Which is surprising considering how bad All Along the Watchtower is.  Just ask Brant.  He'll tell ya'. ;)

Thank you all for voring  O0 :bd: and have at!!!

The 4/8

The 2/6

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Everyone's voting Jimi just b/c I'm right about there being plenty of better songs from him.

What I can't believe is that The Band made it this far with an overwrought, overplayed piece of hackneyed crap.  At least Hendrix can actually play.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

So you hate on one of my favorite Jimi songs and then you hate on a band I happen to dig deeply.  You, sir, are a dick :P  And Born to Be Wild is sufficiently iconic enough to take out a bad offering from Hendrix, so your argument is moot.  :P again.

Barthheart

This is the final 4?!? Who are you people!!!!!  #:-)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on November 23, 2017, 08:04:43 PM
So you hate on one of my favorite Jimi songs and then you hate on a band I happen to dig deeply.

we'll always have Van Morrison

trailrunner

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 23, 2017, 07:45:37 PM
What I can't believe is that The Band made it this far with an overwrought, overplayed piece of hackneyed crap.

Ouch.

mirth

What I can't believe is that The Band made it this far with an overwrought, overplayed piece of hackneyed crap.

Having followed these polls for months, I can believe it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 23, 2017, 08:34:20 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 23, 2017, 08:04:43 PM
So you hate on one of my favorite Jimi songs and then you hate on a band I happen to dig deeply.

we'll always have Van Morrison

Indeed :)

Tuna

Quote from: trailrunner on November 23, 2017, 08:59:51 PM

Ouch.

Double Ouch!, The Weight is an Americana classic! Shame on you!

Still it is up against a Motown classic, will have to think long and hard on this one. Same with Jimi, he is also up against a Motown classic!

:Edit: Listened to Marvin, great classic from a great performer, but then the opening riff and piano roll of The Weight, and I  had to listen no further.

Otis actually got my vote over Jimi on this one.

Emeraldlis

Sittin on the dock of the bay, is one of my All time favourite songs  :smitten: I've voted for it the entire way through this poll :) but coming up against this jimi song... Hurts! But still, otis got my vote :)

The band got my next vote..... Sorry Marvin, I still love ya!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog