Holiday Game Swag -What Did You Get?

Started by Ian C, December 22, 2018, 04:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Dare I ask...why the refund on Battletech?

Rebel Galaxy is awesome.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Gusington on December 24, 2018, 05:12:44 PM
Dare I ask...why the refund on Battletech?

Performance was horrible for no discernible reason no matter what I tried.  Also I didn't really like what I saw of it anyway, so bullet dodged etc.

Rebel Galaxy is awesome.

Yeah it does seem promising from the hour or so I've played so far.

Jarhead0331

Games:
Outpost Zero
transport Fever
particle Fleet: Emergence
Underrail
Army General
Jurassic World Evolution

DLC:
Sudden Strike 4: Africa Desert War
Sins of a Solar Empire Forbidden Worlds
Sins of a Solar Empire Outlaw Sectors
Bomber Crew: US Army Air Forces
DCS Normandy
DCS WWII Assets
DCS Fw-190
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^Do you have the other Sins DLCs?

Huw is your rig older? I haven't heard of performance problems before with Battletech.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Particle Fleet: Emergence is really good.  Have you played the previous games in the series Jarhead?

Quote from: Gusington on December 24, 2018, 06:40:45 PM
Huw is your rig older? I haven't heard of performance problems before with Battletech.

Yes but it easily meets the requirements and handles far more demanding games.  Nothing I could do made the slightest difference at all.  I guess it's just one of those games that doesn't like my specific hardware configuration.  But like I said, I didn't really like it anyway so I'm not bothered.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

MikeGER

DLC:
Surviving Mars, the latest DLC
DCS Normandy
DCS WWII Assets

hardware:
in mid Nov my old smartphone got undependable, and one week before Xmas my tablet died (probably main board NAND chip error)
so like it or not, i had to do replacement investments  :-\
...i count the hefty spendings as game related xmas gifts too, and so a

Note 9
GearVR on black Friday  
Galaxy Tab S4 LTE

Apocalypse 31

Bought then immediately refunded Just Cause 3. The game had literally zero innovation from JC2. I'm pretty sure the "writers" just did a copy+replace for the forgetable names of JC3 into the JC2 plot.

I've had the same $30 in my Steam wallet for a year. Cannot find anything I want to spend it on.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on December 25, 2018, 11:38:56 AM
I've had the same $30 in my Steam wallet for a year. Cannot find anything I want to spend it on.

Have a look at my wishlist for inspiration.  I've trimmed it down to a manageable 168 games. :)

SirAndrewD

I actually didn't get anything, but between my boss, wife and in-laws I've got about $300 in Steam Credit so I can add more games to my library that I'll never play. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

jamus34

Nothing yet but I did pick up a new 4K TV to pair with my PS4, a sound bar for it and going to grab Red Dead Redemption 2 in the next day or two.

Plus I got my eye on some pc software.
Insert witty comment here.

Tpek

So far only Pathfinder Kingmaker (Imperial edition), but I have been considering Deity Empires.

Gusington

I'm now considering the Cossacks 3 GOTY edition to go along with the Sins of a Solar Empire DLC and Majesty HD. For ~15.00 it seems like quite a steal, reviews are good and it may help me look and feel younger. Somebody stop me!

Also considered the Divine Divinity 2 GOTY for a bit but at 30.00 it's a little high, still.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd