Don't Come Around FRIDAY No More

Started by Jarhead0331, October 06, 2017, 06:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

@Nefaro:  Or, I could sneak into your home and, at the proper moment, break into an awesome falsetto version of the chorus of "Final Countdown"?

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Cyrano on October 06, 2017, 03:02:43 PM
@Nefaro:  Or, I could sneak into your home and, at the proper moment, break into an awesome falsetto version of the chorus of "Final Countdown"?

Wait, you mean the scene where the F-14s shoot down the Zeros?  :nerd:

JasonPratt

0.) Overtime at work tomorrow.

00.) Allergies are wiping me out quite a bit.

1.) I need to look over and collate comments from my Marshals in the forum Kriegspiel Cyrano has been running for omigosh like a year now.  :notworthy: Couriers need sending out soon.

2.) Moar Fire in the Lake with the Crisis Grogs.

3.) I should be able to get another turn in on the Red Thunder mp game with Ysk. The first shot has been fired! (A little surprisingly.) What will the result be? (Almost certainly nothing.)

4.) I feel pretty confident that I can get my AAR of DC:Blitz vs Barthheart caught up, so that I can finally move on to Turn 11.

5.) I've been meandering along in Arkham Knight again this week, in order to distract my attention while I'm waiting for enough episodes of the new TTS Batman game to release for me to feel like I'm not having to wait weeks for a 2 hour session.  :P
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Field of Glory II comes out this week too??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Wolfe1759

Mainly Gal Civ III Crusade continuing my galactic nut (not a resource I've found in the game as yet) hunt as the Most Evil Squirrel Empire of Snathi under the leadership (got a starting leader with the new beta patch) of His Imperial Greatness Rolandus Ratus. 
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Arctic Blast

Thanksgiving long weekend up here in Canadaland. Having a couple of friends over for some board gaming tomorrow (and for the next 2 Saturdays as well). That aside, I'll probably play some more Cuphead on the PC, and whatever else catches my eye while I await the release of Middle Earth : Shadow of War next week.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 06, 2017, 11:45:52 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 06, 2017, 09:50:04 AM
That'd be my Petty favorite too.  :notworthy:    Not sure what I'll get time to play this weekend, depends on the level of mandatory tasks required to get me out of doing any REAL work. Every husband out there knows what I'm talking about I think. Maybe some RPG Neverwinter Nights-Storm of Zehir or Skyrim. Though I've found Alea Jacta Est is a great little fast game I can fire-off a few turns when there's a quiet moment. Have a good one Grogs.

Agree about Alea Jacta Est...its on the remote back up computer in the man appartment and does get played occasionally.  At home now and will probably play some ARMAIII and some flight sims.

As it happens, I've played Naval Action (yet another strange bunch of join a clan/guild oddities)...at least the pirates  no longer hold half the ports in the carribean.
And Heroes and generals -- it takes me about 2 hours to begin to get my reflexes back...at least now I know I can get them back eventually.

CJReich46

Quote from: Cyrano on October 06, 2017, 08:46:32 AM
I'm going to play OGRE.  I might play OGRE on-line, but I'm certainly going to play the OGRE campaign, the OGRE basic scenario a bunch, and there's at least a possibility I'll design an OGRE scenario.  All y'all are welcome to join me in playing OGRE on the OGRE field.

That and JTS Jena (x2), playtesting, Jena KS, and likely some Borderlands 2.

How is OGRE? Impressions pleeeeease!
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Toonces

So far this weekend it's been just Darkest Dungeon.  I expect to branch out to CK2 or Rome 2 at some point.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Kushan

I've been playing a lot of Stellaris this week. Have a decent game going as a space fairing Roman Empire. 20 empires in a 2,000 star galaxy. We had a good amount of time to explore and expand a bit before running into each other. The law on unintended consequences being what it is, it means that there is no such thing a small war. One of my allies asked for my help in a war to reconquer territory that had broken away from them as a separate empire. Their rebel province was allied to my one of my rivals. Me and my rival, where at about the same overall fire power at the start of the war. I had more ships consisting of a mix of corvettes, destroyers, and cruisers supported by 3-4 battleships, they had about an even number of everything, ~10-12 of each type. I went on the offensive and attacked a nearby system where their fleets was. I took the fight expecting to lose, but after a bloody fight I came out the victor. Lost all of my new battleships, and most of my cruisers. We then spent the next 10 years sparing over control of it. I would pull my fleet out for repairs or to go on the offensive, they would then move the fleet in to bombard but they never moved troops to retake it. Their first wave reinforcements where the only threat the entire time to my fleet, I had to briefly abandon the system but when reinforcements came forward I was able to retake it with only light losses. Once I finally realized they didn't have any offensive ground troops, and enough battleships and cruisers had come forward to give me an unbeatable edge, I went on the offensive and didn't even try and chase their fleet down when it moved back to bombard the taken planet. Took 3 other planets and then the ally AI finally had enough war score to force a victory.

While Stellaris has been running on my main monitor, I've been doing some work on a new CMANO scenario (I swear I'm going finish this one) and some work on a Stellaris ship mod I started awhile back.

A flight in the PMDG Boeing 737 NGX in Prepar3d is on my to do list for tomorrow morning.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play