Started by SofaKings, April 29, 2018, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinetree

Quote from: mirth on April 30, 2018, 09:38:21 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 30, 2018, 09:18:12 AM
Ty Bomba responds over at CSW

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1ddc75fc/459

He nailed it at the end:

QuoteYou come across to me as a rabidly angry and hateful person. I've offered clear rationales for all my design decisions, and I'm happy to stand by them. If you scroll up through the posts here, you'll see your reaction to the game hasn't been typical. I'm sorry you haven't enjoyed playing the game; there are certainly numerous other titles covering this campaign based more on parameters with which you can agree.

My view is that Ty Bomba has been mailing it in with his recent games, all the same watered down bland crap with maybe one or two half decent ideas in each. He posted his initial rules for his remake of the Central Front series on CSW and they went down like a lead balloon. Bomba was very defensive and quite condescending in his replies there too. Incidentally, Ty Beard, the reviewer, is the creator of the mini rules A Fistful of Tows, which I haven't played but are highly regarded.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

mirth

Quote from: Pinetree on May 01, 2018, 08:05:41 PM
Incidentally, Ty Beard, the reviewer, is the creator of the mini rules A Fistful of Tows, which I haven't played but are highly regarded.

I looked at Fistful of TOWS several years back. I wasn't terribly impressed. In that CSW thread, Beard comes across as a real prick. I'm not defending Bomba or his responses, but after reading Beard's remarks I was much more sympathetic to Bomba's position.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

ArizonaTank

Quote from: mirth on May 01, 2018, 06:35:43 PM
Quote from: bboyer66 on April 30, 2018, 10:02:12 AM
No offense to Ty Bomba, but if you are putting out so many games per year, Im not surprised by the inaccuracies.   

I feel a little bit this way about Compass in general. They have a large number of games in the pipeline. I love their games and I am excited about many of the upcoming releases, but I can't help but wonder if QC will slip.

+1
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.