Field of Glory: Empires

Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

I was able to use my anniversary coupon!

25.99 :D   

Downloading now, and laughing maniacally. :D
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

Gaming is much less satisfying without maniacal laughter. Actually most things are.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Speedy

So 3:30 am and I finally dragged myself away from Empires for a couple of minutes to make myself a cup of tea.
Decided to test out Iberri before signing in to the mp game and oh boy first turn capital province gets hit with plague, next turn they have epidemic outbreaks - this is not looking good.
Now finally after 25 turns I have managed to drag my nation out of the bottom third of the decadence rankings for the first time as we reach the heady heights of CDR rank 46.
At least those pesky Lusitanians are no more.

Oh and was able to use a 38% off anniversary coupon to purchase - thanks Slitherine.

Gusington

Last night I partied like it was 299bc when my Pontus reached number 22 in the rankings  \m/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on July 11, 2019, 01:13:10 PM
Last night I partied like it was 299bc when my Pontus reached number 22 in the rankings  \m/

When is the inevitable collapse due ? :DD
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

al_infierno

Quote from: devoncop on July 11, 2019, 12:36:13 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on July 11, 2019, 12:32:53 PM
Those of you Dwho are retired/in more favorable timezones:  Pour one out for the homies stuck at work for the rest of the day  :'(
d

Nice bottle of red just been opened for my play session this evening .....I told my wife I was doing it on your orders but it seems she has a negative loyalty modifier😉

;D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Quote from: Speedy on July 11, 2019, 01:05:53 PM
So 3:30 am and I finally dragged myself away from Empires for a couple of minutes to make myself a cup of tea.
Decided to test out Iberri before signing in to the mp game and oh boy first turn capital province gets hit with plague, next turn they have epidemic outbreaks - this is not looking good.
Now finally after 25 turns I have managed to drag my nation out of the bottom third of the decadence rankings for the first time as we reach the heady heights of CDR rank 46.
At least those pesky Lusitanians are no more.

Oh and was able to use a 38% off anniversary coupon to purchase - thanks Slitherine.

To be fair if the almost certainty of catching the plague doesn't deter Carthage from pushing north into your lands I really don't know what will 😱😱😱😱
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

GroggyGrognard

I was also able to use my anniversary coupon.

$23.59

Thanks Slitherine. :bd:

I won't be able to download the game until tonight.
Happy to read grogs are liking it so far.

Groggy

"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

CJReich46

Just got it, and played the short scenario...

and...got my ass handed to me by Epirus and I mean they marched into Rome and burnt the place down, I got flattened.

I'll say this, AI is no slouch and this was on NORMAL.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

solops

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 11, 2019, 10:29:17 AM
A little tip if you plan to use FOG 2 for battles...after you install Empires, you need to run FOG 2 once so it can complete some setup.  You don't have to fight a battle, just run it and get to the menu and then exit.  Then within Empires you can export battles.

THIS is an important bit of data that I have not seen anywhere else. It ought to be stickied and it darn sure ought to be on the Matrix forums and its not.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: solops on July 11, 2019, 02:12:50 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 11, 2019, 10:29:17 AM
A little tip if you plan to use FOG 2 for battles...after you install Empires, you need to run FOG 2 once so it can complete some setup.  You don't have to fight a battle, just run it and get to the menu and then exit.  Then within Empires you can export battles.

THIS is an important bit of data that I have not seen anywhere else. It ought to be stickied and it darn sure ought to be on the Matrix forums and its not.

On steam at least:)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1011390/discussions/0/1639790664928453892/

Grim.Reaper

I'll admit, the one thing I didn't see coming was all the confusion and complaining about FOG 2 battles not being included directly within Empires.  Personally, I always viewed it as a nice optional thing the developers thrown in, but seems people seem very confused and disappointed it requires a separate game for tactical battles (i.e. making people buy another game).  I guess I can understand an "outsider" not really understanding that but I can see why developers will be hesitant ever doing this type of thing again....which would be a shame.  I absolutely have no issue with it.

Gusington

I don't know what the issue is...I never thought of using FoGII as anything but optional and on the prompt when a battle is engaged it clearly states that using FoGII is optional. Last night I had a slave revolt and it was the first battle I auto-resolved.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on July 11, 2019, 02:34:54 PM
I don't know what the issue is...I never thought of using FoGII as anything but optional and on the prompt when a battle is engaged it clearly states that using FoGII is optional. Last night I had a slave revolt and it was the first battle I auto-resolved.

I suspect it is mostly from people not familiar with FOG 2 prior to this coming out...which I guess I could understand.  They aren't grasping the OPTIONAL nature of it and feeling like content was purposely left out to force people to buy another product.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd