Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

The hype is almost too good...

Crossing fingers that the pre-release hype meets reality....  :dreamer:
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

I hope my previews aren't too hype heavy. Tried to capture as many sides of this release as I could. It's a big game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2019, 09:31:53 AM
I hope my previews aren't too hype heavy. Tried to capture as many sides of this release as I could. It's a big game.

The preview is great.

What is so impressive is that each nation plays so differently. I saw  You Tube run through as Sarmatia this morning ...totally different challenge to Pontus and a nation I never considered playing until I saw its set up.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Something else interesting I have noticed - there is no option to play as Persia in the main campaign. Maybe I missed them listed in that gigantic list, or maybe they are going by some other historical name?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tamas

Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2019, 10:00:07 AM
Something else interesting I have noticed - there is no option to play as Persia in the main campaign. Maybe I missed them listed in that gigantic list, or maybe they are going by some other historical name?

Persia is not on the map at start, that space occupied by the Seleucids. :)  Persia can (and often does) appear as a new faction if Seleucids can't hold themselves together.

You can switch to controlling any faction on the map during a (single player) game, so you can take over them once they appear, if you so desire.

GroggyGrognard

Nice write up of the preview.

The loin moistening is strong with this one.

Once you start down the loin moistening path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Gusington

^You are too kind. And kind of gross. Well done!!

That makes sense about Persia. Taking over a rump Persia, rising again...that could be epic.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Speedy

There is a let's play on you tube of Judea, I think by grey hunter, that has a Seleucid civil war in which Persia reappears.
That let's play also has the Blemeyes pop up as well and a bunch of factions in anatolia/mid east when Antigonids go through a bad patch.

I can see myself making a lot of saves when these nations pop up so I can play through as them as well.

al_infierno

According to Steam, it unlocks in approximately 1 hour  :smitten: :notworthy: <:-)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Quote from: al_infierno on July 11, 2019, 12:19:01 AM
According to Steam, it unlocks in approximately 1 hour  :smitten: :notworthy: <:-)

The F5 button is getting a hammering :-)

Speedy

Dammit 7 more hours at work why you do this to me.  :pullhair:

devoncop

Quote from: Speedy on July 11, 2019, 01:27:01 AM

You got the last laugh here Speedy........now showing 8 bloody hours to release :knuppel2:

FlickJax

Put a price on it already..Dammit!!

devoncop

Quote from: FlickJax on July 11, 2019, 02:50:38 AM
Put a price on it already..Dammit!!

About £35 or 40 Euros I reckon.

Speedy

Quote from: devoncop on July 11, 2019, 02:27:00 AM
Quote from: Speedy on July 11, 2019, 01:27:01 AM

You got the last laugh here Speedy........now showing 8 bloody hours to release :knuppel2:

Ouch that's got to hurt.