Field of Glory: Empires

Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

Quote from: al_infierno on June 03, 2019, 10:37:20 PM
Can I take Carthage? :D

I was willing wondering when someone would go for them !  :)

You have Carthage.

I will contact everyone again when the game releases.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Sir Slash

Is the big draw for this game that it's a vehicle for the FoG battles to play or that it's a true strategy game on it's own?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 04, 2019, 10:10:15 AM
Is the big draw for this game that it's a vehicle for the FoG battles to play or that it's a true strategy game on it's own?

Would you mind 'both' as an answer ?

If you have FOG2 than Empires can build a campaign for it.

The current streams can't include exporting battles (as it isn't implemented yet) and still they show a complete strategy game.

devoncop

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 04, 2019, 10:10:15 AM

It is very much a complete strategy game on its own.

By the way exporting battles from the strategy map into FoG2 is already implemented in single player and has been demonstrated working smoothly in You Tube challenges by Dastactic and also Lionheart did a You Tube this week showing the same.

In "Breaking News"...........Slitherine state the release date for Empires will be announced NEXT WEEK !!! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Pete Dero

Quote from: devoncop on June 04, 2019, 10:53:33 AM
By the way exporting battles from the strategy map into FoG2 is already implemented in single player and has been demonstrated working smoothly in You Tube challenges by Dastactic and also Lionheart did a You Tube this week showing the same.
I didn't know that it was implemented.

In "Breaking News"...........Slitherine state the release date for Empires will be announced NEXT WEEK !!! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
That's when my anniversary coupon is due  :bd:.

O, wait !  The release date will be announced next week but it isn't released next week >:( !? 

devoncop

Quote from: Pete Dero on June 04, 2019, 11:07:29 AM
I didn't know that it was implemented.

That's when my anniversary coupon is due  :bd:.

O, wait !  The release date will be announced next week but it isn't released next week >:( !?

They could always announce they are releasing it the same day 😉

(But I wouldn't count on it !)

Gusington

GIGGITY GIGGITY...

...GIGGITY, GOO.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Now let's see if anyone takes Rome for me to tussle with  ;)

Next week can't come soon enough!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Quote from: al_infierno on June 04, 2019, 12:27:11 PM
Now let's see if anyone takes Rome for me to tussle with  ;)

Next week can't come soon enough!

I have a suspicion Rome may have a human player very soon 😉

Yskonyn

Does MP work via the same system as FoG2's?
As in, play the turn whenever you can rather than all be online at the same time? If so, chalk me up for a nation!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

devoncop

It does !

The only commitment is to one turn every 48 hours ....

Interested in any particular nation?

Yskonyn

Good!

No preference. I'll let myself be surprised.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

So, will the combat engine in Empires be derived from the rules in FoG? It bears its name, so I would assume the POA values and battle mechanics are the same, at least at a basic level or perhaps behind the scenes when auto resolving?

devoncop

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 05, 2019, 11:22:33 AM
So, will the combat engine in Empires be derived from the rules in FoG? It bears its name, so I would assume the POA values and battle mechanics are the same, at least at a basic level or perhaps behind the scenes when auto resolving?

There is a direct link to those values yes but other factors also come into play. Generals assigned by you out of your pool to lead the armies have strengths and weaknesses that add or subtract to the die rolls of the individual combats, as does terrain and the provinces themselves have frontages that restrict the numbers of troops that can fight in front lines.

Cities with fortifications are very difficult to take with a decent garrison as the walls add further to dice rolls and certain troops like Palace Guard get bonuses for defending cities.

In short there are a lot of nuances within the game that mean the biggest army is definitely not always the best 😉

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd