[PBEM]Solium Infernum - Come claim Hell's Throne! (max 6 players)

Started by Yskonyn, October 24, 2018, 03:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Seems to run just fine for me, Ysk.  I just played a few turns with a couple of AI opponents to jog my memory and I didn't know what the hell I was doing (lol geddit).  I think I'm going to have to read the manual for this one!  I remember printing the manual out a long time ago.

I seem to be on version 1.06b, whereas the latest version is 1.08c which also incorporates a free expansion Rectification.  I guess we should upgrade to that?

Yskonyn

Definately update!

My installer includes the latest.

Good to hear! I'll be diving into the manual as well!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

OK all done (first time I've manually patched a game in years).  I will try and at least have a pretender created by the end of the weekend.

JasonPratt

Hm. Well, I thought I had it installed somewhere, but apparently I don't. I still have some save files and other auxiliaries including a set of avatars I created for a single-player game (all based on Rogue Agents from my fantasy novels ;) ), but not the actual software.

So I get to go hunting through my bags and stacks and drawers!  :bd: <:-)

(But probably not today. Probably tomorrow.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Or, just email Vic with your order number and get a new download link saving you potentially a lot of hassle. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 28, 2018, 10:30:26 AM
Or, just email Vic with your order number and get a new download link saving you potentially a lot of hassle. :)

You mean, the order number on my disc?

yes, as soon as I find it...  :buck2:

(I feel pretty confident about finding it tho -- I've just been away from the house all day, and won't be able to look around until tomorrow afternoon sometime.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Work (and weather/allergies) has been rather draining recently, and I absolutely crashed when I got home. But I have made some progress at least on the Age of Wonders game! I still feel confident about being able to find this disc and get it running, too. (With the most recent patch, which I've already downloaded.)

JasonPratt

After preparing a massive reinforced garbage sack of games for donation to the guys at work (and/or to the dump, since all these games are available on GoG and/or elsewhere, inexpensively, and I already re-bought most of them, or they simply don't work on modern systems, or they're just totally superseded by modern games easily bought elsewhere)...

...I have found the disc I sought!

Testing shall commence soon. But progress has been occurred! (As my late pupil liked to say in Chinglish.)

(Oddly, I have managed to gain not much free space from preparing a 25 gallon bag of games to be moved along! -- so while that progress has also progressed more remains to be done.  :P )

Yskonyn

Yay!

:DD Sounds exactly like my attempts to clean out the attic (where all my game stuff resides)!  O:-)

JasonPratt

My Avatar has been made.  >:D

Oh, just to clarify, I am on update 1.08c.

Yskonyn

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Heh, I've never been to this part of the forum before. 

Edit: disregard, I may have found the download link after all.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Alright, I was able to download the game and get it running.  The only reason I found the email was because I bought Six Gun Saga a really long time ago, and that keyword search actually turned up the right email originator (BMT Micro or something like that).

Gimme a bit to re-learn the game; I was never very good at it to begin with, but I remember it being harder than it appeared at first glance.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

While we're waiting, I assume Ysk will host the game? If so, how do the pbem mechanics work?