Words of Old FRIDAYS

Started by Hofstadter, March 17, 2017, 12:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hofstadter

Brought something that's a bit of an easier listen from my hipster library.

Man's gin is one of two projects by Erik Wunder. It employs country, gothic, Americana and classic rock. It's sorta like the country version of his black metal project Cobalt.

Hemingway save me, Hemingway save me, hemingway got me really &($:&+! Up.

For gaming I'm mainly doing Scourge of War Waterloo, Arma 3 and Total War Atilla. But tonight I've got a bottle of Coonawarra Shiraz and a compendium of sick euro horror movies. Good stuff
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

Interested stuff above. Out of left field for me this week is Alan Wake. Creepy and kooky, enjoying it so far.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

More PBEM Labyrinth with SDR... we're nearing the end of the deck and it's not looking good for freedom....  :P

More PBEM Flashpoint Campaigns with OJsDad.... just finished a huge slugfest where the Red Tide eked out a win. Now to pick a new battle.

Try to get my game of The War started on my table top.

Maybe try some more Syrian Warfare with the resent update.

Need to build new birdhouses for the tree Swallows that return to our yard every year.... in case spring finally shows up....

mirth

Going to play as much Witcher 3 as possible before Mass Effect: Andromeda arrives on Tuesday and takes over my gaming life.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Rayfer

Hof...our music tastes haven't always connected in your past choices but this is one is really good. Thanks. This weekend; HoI4, ACW2 and Wars of Napoleon.

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on March 17, 2017, 07:41:22 AM
Going to play as much Witcher 3 as possible before Mass Effect: Andromeda arrives on Tuesday and takes over my gaming life.

And Andromedans will literally take over your life.

Probably some more Civ6 for me. Not sure what else.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

steve58

Going to give the Civ VI demo a try.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Crossroads

Lots of me-time this weekend with house being empty, just me and the cat. Fall Weiss Gelb from Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris main focus, with Winter War via DCCP next, time allowing  :smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JasonPratt

Might be able to Scourge of Wartaloo Saturday afternoon with Asid & Company. (You should join if you can, Hof! -- unless you're already playing with the Dogs of War under another name?)

My secret plans for a new AAR proceed apace -- the first two entries are mostly finished, not quite ready to release, but I'm hoping I'm over a necessary hill now and can proceed more quickly hereafter. As a hint, there could be 11 entries (including a zero-entry to introduce things) where I'm playing three lions roaring against myself.

This may end up being delayed if Bartheart and I start a mp of Decisive Campaigns 1: Blitzkrieg.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: bbmike on March 17, 2017, 07:50:44 AM
And Andromedans will literally take over your life.

"Let me illustrate what Kellinda will do to you personally, Kirk, if you defy us."

"Also, we will kill your crew like this."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

^ That's what I'm try to tell mirth!  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 17, 2017, 08:21:46 AM
This may end up being delayed if Bartheart and I start a mp of Decisive Campaigns 1: Blitzkrieg.

:D

Sir Slash

Waiting breathlessly for the Jason/Barth DC 1 Show. Meanwhile, I've rediscovered the joys of herding cats that is To End All Wars where I won the 1914 scenario as the Allies and now am giving the 1914 Russkies a chance to impress me. Plus a little 'March Maddness' thrown in for good measure. Have a good one Grogs.  \m/
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

Bought into P.A.M.E.L.A. early access, an open world creepy future type game so i'll be exploring that. Finishing up Sirte #1 PBEM, Libya's forces are exacting a heavy toll on the British invaders, probably going to get started on Sirte#2 and also reading up on Bartheart and Jason's PBEM ;D
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.