The Deck-Building Game!

Started by bayonetbrant, April 03, 2015, 12:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

bayonetbrant

that was kind of my thought.  Like, this would a funny prototype for a webcast skit, but I can't fathom actually spending money it
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Well... speaking of deck-builders...

Xenoshyft Onslaught looks like it could be an interesting co-op/solitaire deck-builder.  The artwork looks amazing, hopefully the gameplay is of similar quality.  No wood construction.. just killing aliens with sweet sci-fi tech to mine their unobtanium.  ;)

The Kickstarters are getting the goods right now so it should be on shelves before long (beginning of May). 

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on April 12, 2015, 07:35:06 PM
Well... speaking of deck-builders...

Xenoshyft Onslaught looks like it could be an interesting co-op/solitaire deck-builder.  The artwork looks amazing, hopefully the gameplay is of similar quality.  No wood construction.. just killing aliens with sweet sci-fi tech to mine their unobtanium.  ;)

The Kickstarters are getting the goods right now so it should be on shelves before long (beginning of May).

I actually have this one on pre-order, however I think it is a while before it drops to the non-backers.

PE

Nefaro

Xenoshyft is in stores now, FYI.

Ordered after watching the 'How To Play' vid by Rodney today:

The basic deck-building part reminds me of Thunderstone and some others, but instead of wiping all the cards you've played every turn, they can stay in play and fight to the death.  Maybe a bit of a defensive Space Hulk: Death Angel style to it also?  It's different enough to pique my solitaire interest, plus the theme & artwork looks great.