The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2018 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, April 02, 2018, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Close to 8 inches of rain here in the last 8 days. Even for Fla., that's a whole hell-of-a-lot. Twenty Four hours from now mosquitoes will be ringing my doorbell trying to get in. So... Spring's over and Summer has begun.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on May 20, 2018, 02:15:28 PM
Malcolm Pirnie, later bought by Arcadis.

Hm, Arcadis slightly rings a bell, but not in OKC. I think I recall you saying upthread that's where you were / are?

Most of our work in Oklahoma was through the Choctaw Nation in Hugo, and through a set of well-driller supply houses in OKC itself. (Total Pump and Supply; Pumps of Oklahoma; Titan Industries, who bought out someone we worked with, not sure who.) Not so much with the munis (and industrial waterworks) in that region, although that's slowly changing because our main market in Oklahoma is drying up as county water systems are finally being installed in rural areas.

Which is kind-of fine, since the covers we were trucking into OKC (and the Choctaws) were sold at such a bulk discount that we were losing money on them -- just not as much as we'd be losing in overhead if we did nothing, relatively! They helped fill in the nooks from our other profitable jobs. (Our best year ever came back in the early 00s when we went up slightly on prices and lost both Keeling and Clay-Greene on our accounts, both of which were bulk-ordering too many underpaying units!  :coolsmiley: We've slowly picked C-G back up under their new management, but not for underpaying bulk orders.)

Still, our position in the market there has only begun to shift over, so we're running weak in Oklahoma right now.  :-\ It could be a few more years before we're selling enough of the higher-end units to come back up to speed there on net income. (Or better, we hope.)

If I recalled correctly and you do / did live there, you've probably seen our white thin-walled molded covers out and about in the state. I try not to look for them when seeing devastation footage on TV from tornadoes, though...!  :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Never lived in OKC - Steelie and some of his family do/did.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I've been to Chickasha before, but the only thing I saw from there was lots of plains to the horizon and our cooling tower units. Besides OKC airport of course.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

And I got both my eyes on this Sucker. Screw with MY Memorial Day will you?  :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

If we going to get bad weather news all of the time, then we need a hawter looking weather woman.  Mirth just doesn't cut it. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

TOTALLY agree! Though.... he is a little cute.  :peace:

Pete Dero

Quote from: OJsDad on May 22, 2018, 09:30:40 AM
If we going to get bad weather news all of the time, then we need a hawter looking weather woman.  Mirth just doesn't cut it.

For those who don't speak Spanish : cálido means hot.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Windigo

Typical weather here. A teaser of an warmer than normal early Spring, followed by 4 weeks a winter, then BAM! Full on Summer like weather
24-27 degrees Celsius.
Its great for golf and drinking beer on the deck, but lousy on the lawn.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus