Main Menu

Wild West Online

Started by Steelgrave, May 12, 2017, 10:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

After very positive press and "overwhelming" interest, WWO (sounds like a wrestling organization when I do that!) has received additional funding from original investors and is skipping any crowdingfunding or Kickstarter efforts as well as Steam Early Access and is going straight into development. Color me hopeful.....   :cowboy:

http://www.pcgamer.com/wild-west-online-receives-funding-will-sidestep-kickstarter-and-include-female-characters-from-outset/?utm_content=buffer195e5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

http://www.playwwo.com/

jomni

Let's see if they put in Native Americans.

Nefaro

This would definitely be my bag.  Baby.

Quote from: jomni on May 17, 2017, 05:22:22 PM

I'd imagine they'll eventually be included as character customization options, regarding skins & such, at some point.  Domestic options should be easy to implement inititally. 

Some tribal types will probably be used as hostile "mobs" in the wilderness areas though, along with Bandits/Banditos.  It's not an MMO without stuff trying to kill your digital self in the wild!

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on May 20, 2017, 09:58:27 AM

I'd imagine they'll eventually be included as character customization options, regarding skins & such, at some point.  Domestic options should be easy to implement inititally. 

Some tribal types will probably be used as hostile "mobs" in the wilderness areas though, along with Bandits/Banditos.  It's not an MMO without stuff trying to kill your digital self in the wild!

Should put in dysentery too.   :2funny:

DennisS

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=523845;topic=19533.15;last_msg=523902

They need to tread lightly in their portrait of native Americans. Remember..."Tonto" means stupid, and that little bit of racism persisted for a very, very long time.

Nefaro

Quote from: DennisS on May 20, 2017, 06:49:21 PM

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=523845;topic=19533.15;last_msg=523902

They need to tread lightly in their portrait of native Americans. Remember..."Tonto" means stupid, and that little bit of racism persisted for a very, very long time.

In an conflict-heavy MMO representing western frontier living survival, I don't see a problem in having both friendly and enemy natives.  I'd expect some mix of it, even loosely based on the historical setting, just like any other group portrayed in such a theme.

I seriously doubt someone will be naming a whole historical tribe/town/nation/culture "stupid" in a new MMO, for more than one reason.

Steelgrave

Update from PC Gamer. Definitely looking good for such an early product   O0

http://www.pcgamer.com/wild-west-online-in-game-footage-showcases-bounties-saloons-forested-base-camps/

and video of early gameplay:

Nefaro

Quote from: Steelgrave on July 10, 2017, 04:13:41 PM
Update from PC Gamer. Definitely looking good for such an early product   O0

http://www.pcgamer.com/wild-west-online-in-game-footage-showcases-bounties-saloons-forested-base-camps/

and video of early gameplay:
xxx

[As the narrator looks up at the female-in-dress symbol upstairs in the saloon]    ".... and take part in... other... recreational activities."

Sounds like you can blow your filthy lucre on hookers in Wild West Online.  Maybe some other stuff, too.   ;D

Steelgrave

Quote from: Nefaro on July 10, 2017, 08:18:15 PM
[As the narrator looks up at the female-in-dress symbol upstairs in the saloon]    ".... and take part in... other... recreational activities."

Sounds like you can blow your filthy lucre on hookers in Wild West Online.  Maybe some other stuff, too.   ;D

Sounds like modder heaven   :coolsmiley:   ;)

Nefaro

Quote from: Steelgrave on July 10, 2017, 08:24:04 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 10, 2017, 08:18:15 PM

Sounds like modder heaven   :coolsmiley:   ;)

I bet the Hot Coffee wasn't too fresh, back in those days!

bbmike

Still wish this wasn't MMO. If it were like Skyrim I'd buy it full price on release.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

^Agreed. I mean, unless it's a PVP slaughterfest I'm gonna buy it anyway, but I would prefer a non-MMO format myself.

Father Ted

I sure do like the idea of the setting, but I'll wait to see what the actual gameplay's like before striking a claim (or something)