Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

1960s Hormuz campaign.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mbar

F-8!!!  :wow: Please don't get cancelled. Please don't get cancelled. Please don't get cancelled.  :hide:

Pete Dero

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 18, 2019, 03:01:33 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 18, 2019, 02:29:39 PM
Note that the 25% - 50% DCS sale is also going on at Steam.

Pay attention :

Please note that the DCS: M-2000C (released in 2017), and all future DCS World DLC releases on Steam, will now use Steam Keys instead of Starforce keys. As such, these purchases cannot be activated on the DCS World e-Shop version. Previous purchases will not be affected.
(https://store.steampowered.com/app/411892/DCS_M2000C/)

Update : You can transfer Steam purchases to your DCS store account.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=229207

1) You need to link the Steam account to your DCS account.
After clicking on the "BIND" button, you will be redirected to the Steam website, where you must log in and agree to share publicly available information from your profile with us.

2) After logging in to the Steam site, you return to our site and, if successful, the "GET LICENSES" button will be available.
Click the "Get licenses" button.

3) As a result, you can obtain a list of the products whose licenses that:
1. Already have a DCS account (Steam or not Steam)
2. Can be transferred to your account from Steam
3. Can not be transferred because they are in different types of protection

4) Click the "Transfer licenses" button.
As a result, the licenses available for transfer will be bound to the DCS account.

5) When you re-enter this page, the Steam license list will be displayed.

6) You can request licenses again to replenish them if you purchased new DCS products on Steam. New licenses also can be bound, as in the previous paragraph.

7) When you click the "Unbind" button, all your Steam transferred licenses will be revoked and the binding removed.

Dammit Carl!

So, did get FC but have yet to DL anything due to crushing workload.  Also kinda-sorta scored a dual monitor setup that will be much larger than the single monitor I'm on now.

Quote from: Skoop on April 24, 2019, 05:14:15 PM
Nice, a crusader will be sweet, now if we could get an official Vietnam map in a DCS to use all these 60s era jets would be awesome.  It would really scratch that Vietnam air war itch.  I tried going back to those old sim lites done by TK and it just doesn't cut it, nor does the militarizing prepar3d.  Dcs Vietnam is our best chance for the era and I hope it becomes a thing.

...and this is why I got the F-5 too.  That era, jet-wise, is interesting to me.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on April 29, 2019, 11:28:05 AM
So, did get FC but have yet to DL anything due to crushing workload.  Also kinda-sorta scored a dual monitor setup that will be much larger than the single monitor I'm on now.

Quote from: Skoop on April 24, 2019, 05:14:15 PM
Nice, a crusader will be sweet, now if we could get an official Vietnam map in a DCS to use all these 60s era jets would be awesome.  It would really scratch that Vietnam air war itch.  I tried going back to those old sim lites done by TK and it just doesn't cut it, nor does the militarizing prepar3d.  Dcs Vietnam is our best chance for the era and I hope it becomes a thing.

...and this is why I got the F-5 too.  That era, jet-wise, is interesting to me.

you see my MFD set-up on page 88 of this thread? Could be a use for your secondary monitor.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

Nice.  Thanks!

Now to rob from the kids for rudder pedals and TrackIR.  I know these aren't necessary for play but I've wanted them forever.

"Sorry but Daddy needs these things - go panhandle or something."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on April 29, 2019, 12:05:01 PM
Nice.  Thanks!

Now to rob from the kids for rudder pedals and TrackIR.  I know these aren't necessary for play but I've wanted them forever.

"Sorry but Daddy needs these things - go panhandle or something."

"necessary" is a relative term.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

From the sales:
I don't know whether it's my joystick. But this thing seems to send the joystick in cockpit mental unless it's happy.
Every now and then it just wants to black me out and head for the deck. That was my first cold start flight in it though.
I'd say this korean war beast needs insane amounts of management and flight envelope attention to stay happy.
I heard it was not as good as the mig15 as an aircraft.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

mbar

I had thought the Mig-15 would be simple to fly. But I was consistently killing the engine in mid flight. I learned the throttle on those old first generation jet engines needs to me moved slowly. They don't like sudden changes.

Pete Dero

This is bad in a good way (I guess)  :idiot2:

JasonPratt

Quote from: mbar on May 01, 2019, 02:16:27 PM
I had thought the Mig-15 would be simple to fly. But I was consistently killing the engine in mid flight. I learned the throttle on those old first generation jet engines needs to me moved slowly. They don't like sudden changes.

IN SOVIET RUSSIA, JET PLANE THROTTLES YOU!  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Dammit Carl!

Admittedly late to the DCS game on my end, but the I-16 seemed to come out of nowhere.

Would have loved to hear the sales pitch for it.

"Hey, a Yak would be cool."
"Nope."
"A IL-2?"
"Been done."
"LagG?"
"No thank you."
"Well what then?
"...an I-16!"

:wow:

Jarhead0331

Why can't there be a surprise release of something like an A-6 or a A-7?  :-[
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 10, 2019, 12:32:49 PM

Word. 

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 10, 2019, 12:32:49 PM

I would sit down and Learn a DCS module if they would use the new "Jester" AI assistant in an A-6 Module
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson