What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

I have to do some shelf rearranging. I have games stacked all over the place right now.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

is one of them Tank on Tank East Front?

In case you forgot, this is what it looks like:

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

It's in there somewhere. I'll let you know when I come across it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: WargamerJoe on January 11, 2017, 05:53:02 AM
Meanwhile, on my office desk...

My wallet wishes these were freebies, but sadly not. Haven't played Armada in a while so this spend should encourage me to get back in to it.

The new campaign system is a lot of fun.  I wish they'd used counters instead of stickers for the campaign map but putting the stickers on the pile of extra objective tokens works as a fix.  I'm currently playing in a 6-player version of the game.  Sadly our plucky little band of Rebels went 0 for 3 in our first round of battles so we're already on the hind foot. I've got a second battle scheduled today but I'm not too optimistic.  I've got two Mon Cal cruisers, a corvette, and 7 fighter squadrons against 2 Imperial Star Destroyers, an Interdictor, and whatever he spent his upgrade points on (all my points went towards repairs from the last battle.).

Silent Disapproval Robot

Very good match today.  It was a nail biter right until the final turn.  Sadly I came out on the losing end of it as our ships got into knife fighting range.  The Imperial tractor beams really ruined my day by slowing me down so I couldn't keep the ISDs in my preferred firing arcs.  I knocked Tarkin's flagship down to 1HP left but couldn't finish him off.  I ended up losing a cruiser, a corvette, and a squadron of X-wings and one of Z95s to his 9 TIEs. 

Arctic Blast

Quote from: WargamerJoe on January 11, 2017, 08:21:27 AM
This just turned up in the mail as well.

Suffice to say I think I have a spending problem.

It helps if you don't think of it as a problem...

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Arctic Blast on January 12, 2017, 12:47:46 AM
Quote from: WargamerJoe on January 11, 2017, 08:21:27 AM
This just turned up in the mail as well.

Suffice to say I think I have a spending problem.

It helps if you don't think of it as a problem...

I'm trying, but my girlfriend keeps periodically hitting me because I have a spending problem and I spend it on toys.

Or, as she likes to say, "S**t".
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

BanzaiCat

Sounds like it's time for a new girlfriend.  O:-)

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 12, 2017, 06:13:27 AM

A few more game purchases should open that door.

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 12, 2017, 06:13:27 AM

I would, but there's this small problem that she's the best thing that's ever happened to me. Also she does like playing board/videogames with me, she's just annoyed I spent so much on Armada when I barely play it.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

mirth

Quote from: WargamerJoe on January 12, 2017, 06:58:57 AM
she's just annoyed I spent so much on Armada when I barely play it.

Actually playing a game is not a pre-condition for buying it. She'll learn that over time.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: WargamerJoe on January 12, 2017, 06:58:57 AM
I would, but there's this small problem that she's the best thing that's ever happened to me. Also she does like playing board/videogames with me, she's just annoyed I spent so much on Armada when I barely play it.

Well, you got me there. My wife of 24-some years refuses to play board games. I think that's what nerds call a 'keeper' in your case.  ;D

mirth

Sounds like it's time for a new wife.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on January 12, 2017, 08:31:05 AM
Sounds like it's time for a new wife.

:bd:

------------------------------------------------------------

I have the Caverns of Cynder expansion for Shadows of Brimstone arriving tomorrow, along with the Rise of the Crimson Hand expansion for Fortune and Glory. And the Sons of Anarchy board game is arriving sometime next week (couldn't pass it up, it was fifteen bucks).

Also ordered a round wooden dice tray. Getting tired of stray dice.

Gaming is a lot cheaper than a wife.

BanzaiCat

Does anyone own Shadows of Brimstone: Swamps of Death?

Really digging the Preacher character from that one, but it's a tad difficult to justify spending $80 just to get the one character. Though it does add a lot of cards to the other game.

I gotta go sell my stack of books to Half Price so I can make room...lol.