Main Menu

Good Morning from OH

Started by danjay, June 16, 2015, 07:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

Quote from: bobarossa on June 18, 2015, 05:14:55 PM
I've lived in Columbus for almost 40 years now.  Welcome to the group!

You're in Columbus and we didn't get you out to Origins?! Next year, we're coming hunting!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bobarossa

I keep trying to talk myself into going.  I haven't been there since it was in the Ohio Union (mid 80's?).

danjay

Origins always seems to fall on a weekend when I have something going on.

panzerde

Well, we'd love to have you both coming hang out at the Grogheads booth next year, if even for a few hours. We have big plans for 2016!

Barthheart

Great big plans! Booth babes... free beer... it's gonna be great!  O0

bbmike

More details! The rest of us need to plan too!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on June 18, 2015, 08:17:36 PM
More details! The rest of us need to plan too!

"Yes, details, please" asks the guy responsible for clearing everything with GAMA.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

panzerde

"Don't tell Brant about the Booth Babes and beer until we're there next year," I said. Did anybody listen? Oh no, we can't even get to the end of the month before we let the cat out of the bag. Guys, we HAVE to get better at this Op Sec thing.

Now, where'd I leave my peach schnapps?

Sir Slash

Booth Babes! And beer? Hell I'm getting my penis and jumping on a plane to Ohio. Which is the friendliest state. Because it has 'O' at each end and 'HI' in the middle.  :uglystupid2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bobarossa

Quote from: Barthheart on June 18, 2015, 07:53:42 PM
Great big plans! Booth babes... free beer... it's gonna be great!  O0
Tell them if they don't allow us to have booth babes we'll just all show up wearing speedo's!  That'll convince them.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: danjay on June 16, 2015, 07:05:49 AM
Good morning all. I am located in NW Ohio and have been gaming for 30+ years. My tastes are wide but I would say they tend more toward the historical although I have a collection of non-historical games too.
If you are interested I have also recently started a blog to discuss my gaming habit. http://danjaygamer.blogspot.com/ (comments welcome)
Thanks to all for reading.
Dan

Welcome....I am in Ohio as well, but in the Northeast.