"Feeling Old" 2018 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 03, 2018, 03:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I never got the appeal of Curb Your Enthusiasm either. Nor Arrested Development.

Sir Slash

I loved Arrested Development. It reminded me of working in the Crazy House back in the day.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Never dug Arrested Development.  Got Seinfeld, just thought it was stupid.  Funny as hell on occasion, but, dumb nonetheless.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

I'm with you on Seinfeld, MD. I usually like goofy shit too, but this was a different plane for me.

I saw a VERY young yet hawt Terri Hatcher on a Night Court episode; she was telling the Dan Fielding character she wanted to sit on his lap and suck his fillings out. ;)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 16, 2018, 01:47:17 PM
www.graduationplaylist.com

you're welcome...  uh, I mean, "I'm sorry"

Only goes back to 1950. Bob and Windi are out of luck.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on May 16, 2018, 01:49:55 PM

Only goes back to 1950. Bob and Windi are out of luck.

it could go back to 1950 BC and Windi would be out of luck
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

1950 is a bit before my time. Was Windy around when banging rocks and sticks together in a cave constituted music?

mirth

Ah Cutting Crew. That takes me back.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Guess you gotta be bald and jewish and enjoy a good round of cunnilingus to enjoy Curb Your Enthusiasm more.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

How do I get it to automatically skip all the crap?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 16, 2018, 06:50:19 PM

How do I get it to automatically skip all the crap?

Go back in time and graduate in a different year.

Staggerwing

Then it'd be same crap, different year.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

bbmike

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 16, 2018, 07:27:46 PM
Then it'd be same crap, different year.

Yeah, type in 2017. That'll put you in the "Feeling Old" category for sure.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak