Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 14, 2018, 07:26:17 AM
The Hornet must be very close. Very tempted to pre purchase at this point.

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 15, 2018, 10:43:39 AM
Be mindful that it will not sport a fully functional avionics set when it is made available as early access.

This.

Their last F-18 update I read, last month, mentioned that they were preparing to begin work on the F-18's master modes.  A-A, A-G, Nav, etc. 

Looks like she's got quite a ways to go before being finished, much less ironed out bug-wise.  It made me think I'll just wait until it's all functioning & such later on, before I pick it up.  Can get my fix flying vicariously through the hordes of vids which will be made in the meantime.  :)

Have put DCS on the back burner for the moment anyway.  Until I pick up a new monitor in another month or two.  It's still difficult to spot in DCS with my current oldie - time to upgrade.

Jarhead0331

1. Who cares. It will still be fun to fly around, even if every system in the aircraft isn't modelled to exacting detail straight out of the gate. Honestly, I'm not the kind of player who would notice anyway. It will look awesome and I'll be landing on carriers while you guys are grumbling about the number of rivets.

2. It's on sale now. You know you'll want it once it's available, and you'll just end up paying full price for it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Heh make no mistake! I have already forked over the moneh!  :bd:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

In summary from JH...

• It will still be fun to fly around
  • I'm not the kind of player who would notice anyway
  • It will look awesome
  • I'll be landing on carriers while you guys are grumbling about the number of rivets
All of the above  O0
Alba gu' brath

Skoop

Forked over the cash too...flying hornets and harriers on the straights of hormutz at day one will be epic.  Don't forget the tomcat will be along shortly as well.

Nefaro

QuoteIt never fails, mountain flying gives me that feeling of fighting in a cage. The collective is all the way up to my armpits by now.

QFT

Pete Dero

Updated yesterday to v 2.5.1

On of the changes : Deferred Shading render locked in the game and can not be turned off. DCS ceased support of old graphic render without Deferred Shading.

This setting (DS on) makes me lose around 20 FPS ...   :'(

And also in the update :

Introduced two new features:

- The first version of the video memory manager is presented, which will purge the video memory when the video memory budget allocated by Windows is reached. The resources that were not used in the last 10 seconds are first to be purged.

- New OFFLINE mode is now implemented. User can turn on OFFLINE mode that allows the game to be used without internet identification and without a time limit. Note: user must turn off OFFLINE mode on the same PC. OFFLINE mode cannot be turned off from another PC even with the same user's login.

Jarhead0331

Pete...what graphics card do you have? Will this impact users with newer GFX cards?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mikeck

I wish I had the time and/or (mainly) the discipline to sit down and learn these games. I just can't do it. I can handle Flaming cliffs levels of detail but that it.
*le sigh*
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 26, 2018, 08:45:06 AM
Pete...what graphics card do you have? Will this impact users with newer GFX cards?

Radeon R9 380X (4GB)   I have an older system but I achieved around 60 FPS with high settings until today.

According to the forums before the latest update many people turned of DS because of performance impact on all systems (especially when MSAA turned on).

VR users noticed the highest impact.  (e.g. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=187928)

Pete Dero

If somebody who has the Ka 50 could please check what he has as a Shkval image after the 2.5.1 update (with the deferred shading).

All I'm getting now is a bright grey blur making it almost impossible to see any targets.
Changing Shkval settings in the cockpit (brightness, ..) didn't help.

Pete Dero

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 27, 2018, 02:54:17 AM
If somebody who has the Ka 50 could please check what he has as a Shkval image after the 2.5.1 update (with the deferred shading).

All I'm getting now is a bright grey blur making it almost impossible to see any targets.
Changing Shkval settings in the cockpit (brightness, ..) didn't help.
I have the KA50, but I'm not sure I could remember how to setup the Shikval (in fact I don't know I ever could) - and also I don't know if I have 2.5.1. I won't have time to check this weekend, but if I get a chance at some point I'll have a look.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

I'm still running the open beta build of 2.5. It is presently the most current 2.5.1 version. Is there any reason to uninstall this and go with the retail build?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog