FREE. CRUSADER KINGS II.

Started by OJsDad, April 05, 2018, 02:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Greybriar

As I posted in The Groginati Sales Thread, there are 28 DLC for Crusader Kings II costing a total of $141.29 U.S. So offering the base game free is just good marketing. Personally I'd rather they reduced the price of the DLC 75%.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

OJsDad

The Dlc is heavily discounted during major sales.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Greybriar

Quote from: OJsDad on April 05, 2018, 04:11:52 PM
The Dlc is heavily discounted during major sales.

When it gets down to 75% off, I will pounce on it. :)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

OJsDad

Quote from: Greybriar on April 05, 2018, 04:04:27 PM
As I posted in The Groginati Sales Thread, there are 28 DLC for Crusader Kings II costing a total of $141.29 U.S. So offering the base game free is just good marketing. Personally I'd rather they reduced the price of the DLC 75%.

Only half of those 28 are actual expansions to the game.  The rest of what is listed as DLC isn't needed.  It's content packs, Portraits, e-Books, etc.  The total for the actual expansions is $83.91.  All of the expansions are 50%, except for Jade Dragon, which came out last year, and it's 33% off.

This really isn't a bad deal.  And, with the base game being free, you could start with that, and decide if you like it or not before you invest in any DLC. 

DennisS

I was coming in to post on this. This game is about #3 in hours played for my massive steam catalogue.

TBH, you will likely want to get the DLC's, or several of them. Kind of like HOI4. If you have an interest, I would bite the bullet.

Same with Victoria II...GREAT paradox game, but lots and lots of time needed to master the mechanics.

CJReich46

I'm thinking on the last three expansions - Conclave, Mystics, Reaper's and a few cosmetics. That price tag isn't bad at all.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Blucher

I am honestly surprised they didnt do this sooner. I wonder if they will do this with other titles.

JudgeDredd

I saw so many gamers swear allegiance to this game - how great it was.

It never struck a single chord with me. I just wasn't into it in the slightest. Being free is absolutely no temptation for me. But you guys go mental  O0
Alba gu' brath

Hofstadter

Im going through lists of essential DLC, looking at what stuff it adds and all i can think is.

This is AIDS. Paradox Interactive is a giant pile of AIDS
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

fran

??

JudgeDredd

Quote from: fran on April 07, 2018, 02:56:33 AM

??
I didn't get that either, so I put it down to a language barrier and let it slide.

Sounds kind of bad though.  :idiot2:
Alba gu' brath

fran

Ok at least I'm not the only one thinking it is a strange way of describing something

MetalDog

Something I stumbled across the other night.  Might help in your DLC decisions:

https://www.strategygamer.com/articles/crusader-kings-2-dlc-buying-guide/
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob