MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced

Started by steve58, December 04, 2016, 06:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Piranha Games announces MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, a new installment in the mech combat series. In spite of enduring affection for the franchise, this will be the first single-player MechWarrior game in 15 years. This is being built with Epic's Unreal Engine 4 for release in 2018, but they reassure MechWarrior Online players that a live team will continue to support that game as well.

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/176763/mechwarrior-5-mercenaries-announced

...think I'm gonna need a new PC to run that.   :(
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

acctingman

Nice looking game, but the days of me buying/building a new PC for one game are done.  8) and it feels good to say that!!  :bd:

Kushan

OH HELL YES!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: About time we saw another SP MechWarrior game. Heres hoping its actually good....
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

mirth

Hawt. And I don't just mean the heat sinks.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

Looks exceptional. Surprised 2018. Looks like they have a pretty solid foundation already.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Looks just like Mechwarrior Online with some extra voice work over the top.

JudgeDredd

What that done (and Titanfall 2 did not) was give your mech a sense of weight and scale.

I loved Titanfall 2 - but it did lack in that department I thought.

Looks good. I'd love another Mech game.
Alba gu' brath

bobarossa

Although I'd love another Mech game, modern 3D software gives me motion sickness.  I wish they included a way to turn down the "realism".  I never had trouble with older FPS games but the trailer for Battlefield 3 made me sick in 2 minutes flat.  I lasted 15 in Call of Pripyat.  Makes it feel like my brain is spinning inside my skull.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bobarossa on December 05, 2016, 10:39:37 AM
Although I'd love another Mech game, modern 3D software gives me motion sickness.  I wish they included a way to turn down the "realism".  I never had trouble with older FPS games but the trailer for Battlefield 3 made me sick in 2 minutes flat.  I lasted 15 in Call of Pripyat.  Makes it feel like my brain is spinning inside my skull.

I'd love to see you try out VR.  :2funny:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Shelldrake

I can't believe that it has been 15 years since the last single-player MW game!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

JasonPratt

I also can't believe they're calling it "Mercenaries" again. Really, guys? Or does this mean you're just remaking the plot to the 3rd part of MW4?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

DennisS

Quote from: Kushan on December 04, 2016, 08:04:25 PM
OH HELL YES!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: About time we saw another SP MechWarrior game. Heres hoping its actually good....

What he said!

bobarossa

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 05, 2016, 11:11:41 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on December 05, 2016, 10:39:37 AM

I'd love to see you try out VR.  :2funny:
Then I wouldn't be responsible for who I threw up on!

I'll have to live with the new Battletech Kickstarter I backed.

Nefaro

Am I the only one unimpressed with that vid, and how it just looks like they're using the MWO client to shoe-horn in single-player content? 

Meh.

Guess it's because much of my past Mechwarrior enjoyment was in multi-player.  Back in the waning days of LAN parties.  ;D

I'll just go do some MWO whenever I feel the need.