The Atomic Games Legacy : V for Victory

Started by ikrananka, September 05, 2017, 09:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bardolph

Quote from: mirth on September 06, 2017, 02:52:16 PM
Quote from: Ian C on September 06, 2017, 02:40:24 PM
Great! Where can I get it?

KB Toys, Software Etc, Circuit City and many other fine retailers!

Man I miss KB Toys. They used to carry Avalon Hill, SPI and even GDW and Yaquinto occasionally. When they went out of business the local store had a stack of Avalon Hill stuff, mostly a bunch of copies of 3 games, Conquistador, Fortress Europa (which I foolishly passed on) and Gunslinger, for $5 a copy. I bought 8 copies of Gunslinger so we could play double blind, which while somewhat tedious, was hilarious.

mirth

I bought AH  Jutland at KB toys for under$10. I foolishly sold on a yard sale a few years later.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MikeGER

Quote from: rocketman on September 06, 2017, 01:45:24 PM
A very well made high quality video that was a trip down memory lane. Looking forward to the next episode  :bd:
+10  O0

...i am feeling old now, but in a good not depressed way ...those were the days:)

spelk

Quote from: ikrananka on September 06, 2017, 01:48:01 PM
Thanks guys - really appreciating the great feedback :)

Interesting video, thanks for sharing. I linked it up to the /r/computerwargames reddit.

Rayfer

Quote from: spelk on September 07, 2017, 04:51:09 AM
Quote from: ikrananka on September 06, 2017, 01:48:01 PM
Thanks guys - really appreciating the great feedback :)

Interesting video, thanks for sharing. I linked it up to the /r/computerwargames reddit.

Hey spelK...I discovered that site a few months ago and love it. Being retired I get to check it nearly everyday. The video AAR's are great. Thanks for your work on that site.   :notworthy:

spelk

Quote from: Rayfer on September 07, 2017, 07:29:59 AM
Hey spelK...I discovered that site a few months ago and love it. Being retired I get to check it nearly everyday. The video AAR's are great. Thanks for your work on that site.   :notworthy:

Thanks for the kind words Rayfer!

Sometimes too many videos get people's backs up, but I remember a time, when I had nothing in the video department to post up there! I would have one or two blog posts every couple of weeks! Now, we have quite a few enthusiastic wargame streamers who post up multi-part epics that I try to keep up with using an RSS feed reader and a IFTTT.com recipe to make tagging and posting up easy enough to do it on a daily basis.

If you (or anyone) knows of a good computer wargame streamer that isn't listed, let me know.. I'll stick them into my checking rotation for the benefit of the whole community.

I've already put the OP Ikrananka into my rotation now, after his sterling video effort at this title.

Slick Wilhelm

What a great trip down memory lane this has been. Outstanding video presentation!  :smitten:

Those were the heady days of 2 MB of RAM and 20 MB hard drives. I sure don't miss the EMM386 memory manager, config.sys and autoexec.bat, though.  #:-)