[ended, Barth won!]Civ 6 + all expansions PBEM game recruiting

Started by Yskonyn, October 25, 2018, 01:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millipede

If one's life is so busy that 10 - 15 minutes can't be found to complete a turn at this stage of the game, I can't help but wonder how time will be found when/if we get to turn 100 and beyond. Something to ponder.

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Anguille

Yskonyn

Guys in prep for the release of the next expansion and patch I'd like to know if you plan on getting it from day one?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Millipede

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 07, 2019, 06:41:46 AM
Guys in prep for the release of the next expansion and patch I'd like to know if you plan on getting it from day one?

I know I'll be getting it at some point... just not so sure about day one. Unless there's a compelling reason of course.

Yskonyn

Well I ask because PYDT is very finnicky about Civ versions between players. However, I am not sure if this is only so when setting up a game or always. I reckon the latter, as we're playing a hotseat game from a technical point of view.
A hotseat game is normally on one computer, so the version number is always the same.

So we will have to coordinate updating carefully as not to break our pbem game.
I'll try to look for a FAQ regarding PYDT and how to handle upgrading...

Barthheart

I think all the versions will be the same. We just may need to disable the GS expansion when playing a turn from our game.

Millipede

I'll grab the expansion if we run into a problem.

Yskonyn

I remember that PYDT had quite some delay in getting R&F online so do expect some downtime once GS releases.
If we are lucky games in progress can continue just fine.

Anguille

Hi guys,

I am on a business trip and will be back on the 24th. Sorry for the delay. I don't have a computer to run the game.

Cheers

Yskonyn

Thanks for the heads up! We will be waiting! Be safe.

Yskonyn

Gathering Storm expansion has been released!

Expect some delay from PYDT to get updated. Anguilles business trip has great timing!  :smitten:

Yskonyn

Ah! Look what I have just found;

It appears Gathering Storm has integrated PYDT officially via the new Play via Cloud mode!  :smitten:
I don't think active game can be ported over though.