Deity Empires on Sale at Steam

Started by airboy, May 13, 2019, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Is on sale at Steam for 40% off.  It (supposedly) compares favorably to Master of Magic, Age of Wonders III, Fallen Enchantress, Dominions, and Warlock. 

Huw the Poo

It certainly seems comprehensive enough.  I haven't played it enough to draw any conclusions yet to be honest, but from the hour I've put into it it does show promise.  For £11.69 I'd say it's worth a punt if you're at all interested.  The community seems pretty devoted.

Philippe

I'm temperamentally allergic to diets.

But I'd be curious to know what Jason Pratt thinks of this one.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

DennisS

Pardon me..I need to run down to Walgreen's to get a Steam Card. Back in a few!

Steelgrave

I thought it said "Dirty Empires" and I was whipping it out....ummmm.....my credit card, I mean. Get your mind out of the gutter, Gus.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Philippe on May 13, 2019, 05:45:36 PM
I'm temperamentally allergic to diets.

But I'd be curious to know what Jason Pratt thinks of this one.

lol'd at the joke about the thread title!

I didn't even know I have this game! I know nothing about it.

In fact, Steam thinks I have this game (I can write a review) and also has no idea I have this game (it's missing from my game list)...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Intriguing. May consider. However Rule the Waves 2 is this week.

At the very least the demo... ::)
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Jarhead0331

The graphics really turn me off on this one.

I'd still be interested to know how it compares to the Dominions series....
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Steelgrave

They certainly seem to be inspired by Dominions. And ditto on the graphics.

airboy

I bought it.  It has been on my wishlist for more than a year.  I may not get around to playing it until Fall.

I read a very long review on Steam that hit my tipping point.  But I just completed a very long 4x binge and want to play a wargame or RPG for a bit.

FarAway Sooner

This one looks very interesting.  I'm okay with bland graphics, so long as they cover tough strategic choices and challenging game play.

From reading one or two of the reviews on Steam, it sounds like some unit nerfing might still be needed?  This one is definitely worth keeping an eye on.

W8taminute

I think I'll pick this one up since it's on sale atm.  Looks good. 

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

DennisS

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 14, 2019, 06:35:38 AM
The graphics really turn me off on this one.

I'd still be interested to know how it compares to the Dominions series....

There are two workshop items, the first is for hi-res pictures of the units, the second is for hi-res pictures of the resources on the map.

As far as the gameplay, I am a whole 39 minutes, in, but I did watch Das Tactics' 3 hour plus let's play.

I have played just about every 4X game you can name, all the way back to Master's of Magic, and Civ I..and this most reminds me of Master's of Magic.

You can -
--Purchase spell books at start, just like MoM
--There is an ability to create your own OP items, like Itemmaker in MoM
--Worker placement is very reminiscent of Civ
--You can set the radius of the city at the start of the game. I had it set at 2 in all directions...you can set it at 10!
--Mammoth cities are available. Buildings are not finite in number..and you can develop + resources, or +% resources. This is huge for a developing city.
--Very deep tech tree. HUNDREDS of individual things to research
--Up to 16 opponents
--Map size...I started my learning game at 60x60. Not sure what the limit is..but I tested one at 300 x 300. This is 90 thousand hexes.....
--For every 1000 souls you kill, you get a soul gem. This enables ONE of your units to be immortal, and able to be resurrected. You can have an unbelievably powerful champion
--Game additions, effective yesterday, added ZOC, mana and health potions, and dungeons with deeper levels

I will report back later on, on other things I have discovered. After watching Das Tactic's game, I immediately went out and bought a steam card. This game is on sale for another six days, 40% off, at $14.99  American.

Huw the Poo

Yeah and it has some unexpected nice little touches I haven't seen elsewhere, too.  Like, you can configure a lot of options for a city, then at the click of a button you can export those options to your other cities: