Origins 2017 (June 14-18), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Metal Dog - you interested in carpooling to Columbus from Alabama?

MetalDog

I would enjoy the company, I am sure.  What I am not sure of is whether I will be alone (my daughter *might* attend) or what days I will be there.  What days do you plan on going?

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on October 19, 2016, 09:33:42 PM
I would enjoy the company, I am sure.  What I am not sure of is whether I will be alone (my daughter *might* attend) or what days I will be there.  What days do you plan on going?

Probably drive up the day before (June 13th) and return on Sunday or Monday.

I have a Prius which gets 54mpg on the highway routinely.  My house has a ton of parking so you could leave your vehicle here without a problem.

bbmike

Looks like the stars are aligning. As of now I will be there Friday and Saturday!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

Quote from: airboy on October 20, 2016, 09:28:57 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 19, 2016, 09:33:42 PM

Probably drive up the day before (June 13th) and return on Sunday or Monday.

I have a Prius which gets 54mpg on the highway routinely.  My house has a ton of parking so you could leave your vehicle here without a problem.

Well then, I will thank you for the offer, but I will have to decline.  Most likely, I will leave Friday after half a day of work and be there until Monday.  However, I will expect to meet you there and buy you an adult beverage of your choice for the books you sent.  :)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Still firming up lodging, but, I will be there.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

Quote from: MetalDog on February 23, 2017, 11:08:48 PM
Still firming up lodging, but, I will be there.

Translation: Still convincing mirth to go.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Capn Darwin

I think it is close enough to start up the countdown timer.  <:-) <:-)
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Capn Darwin on February 24, 2017, 12:30:01 PM
I think it is close enough to start up the countdown timer.  <:-) <:-)

You mean the one on the front page that's been there since last September?

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Capn Darwin

Wait... There's a front page? Who knew.  :-"
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.