RPG Sales & Discounts

Started by bayonetbrant, December 23, 2016, 08:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

^Looks like Gurps 3 stuff. Not that that's a bad thing.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: bbmike on June 08, 2018, 03:13:17 PM
^Looks like Gurps 3 stuff. Not that that's a bad thing.

Oh hell yeah!

(GURPS 3rd is/was my fave and gateway to non "class and level," style of roleplaying)

Double Deuce

The GURPS books usually contain a good amount of reference/background fluff you can use in other systems.

bbmike

Quote from: Double Deuce on June 09, 2018, 12:19:08 AM
The GURPS books usually contain a good amount of reference/background fluff you can use in other systems.

Yep. That's why I own a few.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Not sure if this link still has a valid redemption code, but you can get the Zweihander All-In-One Card Set pdf for free right now for Free RPG Day.   :coolsmiley:

Despite my complaints about core d100 systems, I've been impressed with how thorough the Zweihander (Warhammer Fantasy derivative) core book is.  The tarot-sized spell/monster cards look cool; may pick up physical copies at some point if I don't go cheap and print out my own with this freebie.

I think some of you got the Zweihander pdf, itself, sometime last year when I posted the daily discount link.  I ended up buying the massive PoD hardback later on.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

airboy

Drive Through RPG is having their Christmas in July sale.  The sale is too big to list all of the items.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/

airboy

I picked up Mutant Crawl Classics for less than $19.  It is the best post-apocalyptic game system I've ever seen. 

bbmike

Quote from: airboy on July 22, 2018, 08:46:59 AM
I picked up Mutant Crawl Classics for less than $19.  It is the best post-apocalyptic game system I've ever seen.

My thoughts on it: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=20220.0
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

^ That was a good review.  You should have put that in an article.

I disagree with your opinion about the opponents chapter.  DCC/MCC works on a great deal of mystery to the players compared to D&D.  GMs are strongly encouraged to make up their own monsters to keep the mystery of the game going for the players.  Having a thin set of monsters along with suggestions fits with what they are trying to do.

bbmike

Bundle of Holding has Mutant: Year Zero! Probably my favorite post apocalyptic RPG right now.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on July 23, 2018, 02:04:32 PM
Bundle of Holding has Mutant: Year Zero! Probably my favorite post apocalyptic RPG right now.

<~~  Good sandbox style RPG!  :bd: