Corsair Leader

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, January 12, 2018, 12:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

DVG started their kickstarter for Corsair Leader today.  I'm tempted but I think I've got enough in the way of solitaire WWII air combat stuff for now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11606594/corsair-leader

MikeGER

Sigh, another DVG product squeezed in the developing queue that delays Huey Leader  :-\

where i hope the outstanding TAL system will get expanded with a good enhanced ground rule system link between ground troops, their enemies, all on the random tactical map (maybe expaned to a larger 20 chits size to have more ground to manover) and choppers and ground support planes doing their work from above. 

i imagine
where you can drop, support or evacuate troops (a counter = a squad or platoon) and they can move a hex a turn (with the right dice throw results of course) and and the enemy will do also.
the enemy could be a two sided contact-counter with showing a "?" first, that when get in direct contact with your ground forces or recon plane (Bronco/OH 6) above the hex get flipped and show a nice symbol (or just a character)  and then the counter will get replaced by a question mark again, or nothing, or a real enemy unit counter according to the specific rules for that given scenario and campaign
also those enemy units can break contact and fade away into the jungle and get replaced by a random "?"-counter again. so when you were able to make contact again the unit might have been reinforced or suddenly have a HMG and so had lured you into a trap or total vanished in the high elephantgrass   ...so there would be some waving Fog of War about the enemy in a mission on the tactical map and all the uncertainties of three canopy jungle warfare, or what is actual to be found in a village, you name it
...all the good Nam stuff

JudgeDredd

^ I agree. I was really hoping Huey Leader was next. I pre-ordered it two years ago I think for £5.

I think I'm done with the Leader stuff now anyway. There's been several releases I've simply not been interested in and this is another one. Like you I was hoping for Huey Leader and perhaps an expansion on the TAL model.
Alba gu' brath

GJK

If I have Gato Leader, can't I just pretend that it's a Corsair and thus have early access to this variation of the game system??
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

They've already doubled the funding goal so, pretty sure they'll get this one with all the stretch goals.

Regarding Huey Leader: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1854633/huey-leader-way

On the last page of that thread:

QuoteFYI, per DVG customer service, all preorders for Huey Leader were cancelled when they created the new website. You'll need to participated in the Kickstarter if you do decide to purchase the game

JudgeDredd

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 12, 2018, 07:08:55 AM
They've already doubled the funding goal so, pretty sure they'll get this one with all the stretch goals.

Regarding Huey Leader: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1854633/huey-leader-way

On the last page of that thread:

QuoteFYI, per DVG customer service, all preorders for Huey Leader were cancelled when they created the new website. You'll need to participated in the Kickstarter if you do decide to purchase the game
My money was taken by an online gaming company in the UK - BoardGameExtras I believe.
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

I'm guessing they haven't told you anything, if at all, JD?

Well if it goes away at least it's just five quid, though that still sucks. I kept a 5-pound note from my last trip which has been in my wallet since then. I couldn't bring myself to cash it out.  :'(

bob48

This looks interesting. I've never really bothered with any of the previous DVG games, but this has F4U's in it  :)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

...and a Black Sheep Squadron add-on if that stretch goal makes funding. Which it might have, already.

Staggerwing

Why is the TBD Devastator shown in pre-war colors? All the other aircraft are in wartime plumage.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 14, 2018, 10:40:10 PM
Why is the TBD Devastator shown in pre-war colors? All the other aircraft are in wartime plumage.

It's pining for the fjoooOOoords!

Staggerwing

And BuAir nailed it's feet to the perch.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Richie61

I am trying to hold back from pulling the trigger on this one, but I am not sure if I can hold on  :nerd:

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Staggerwing

:o What is that!?

Linky pleeeze?

JudgeDredd

My interest has now been piqued  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath