Hi from the bavarian forrest in Germany

Started by darthwolle, December 14, 2015, 02:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthwolle

Hi I am Wolfgang. I found this via Lock n Load publishing. I am a hobby game designer and working on a own new tactical ww2 board game. Which is a novum in Germany  :(

If you are interested... visit us www.fatherland-games.com
or our youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwheT72njT0RAguTkBXNrPw

bob48

Welcome!

That looks like an interesting game.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

darthwolle

Oh, yes...just follow we are intending to publish in-game vids. I just recorded one with a small light tank battle. We tried to fill a gap with a tailorable and fast playing system.  ;D

Barthheart

Welcome to GrogHeads!

Your game was just featured in this forum!

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11437.msg407298#new

Looks interesting. How close are you to publishing?

darthwolle

Hi and thank you... ok the status is:
- Game System is finished and playable
- The core game contents are defined

What has to be done:
- Illustration work - plan = starting Jan 16 - Finalisation Mid of 2016
- Writing of rules started already = first draft read Jan 16 - Finalisation Mid of 2016
- Test playing with external players = starting with draft rules = End of Jan 16 - Finalisation Mid of 2016
- Calculation of production costs = starting Jan 16 = Finalisation Mid of 2016

Publishing strategy:
We are thinking about publishing via experienced Publishers or make our own thing with a kickstarter! Not decided yet.

So finally the target is publishing latest End of next year! But If you are interested follow us! Probably you an support a test game?!

For getting feedbacks we are intending to periodically place vids and AAR online.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Wes

Welcome!

Have seen the title of the game a lot lately so you must be doing something right  :)

Good luck with the project!
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

MikeGER

Grüß Gott O0  ...aus dem Bergischen Land / NRW   

I am looking forward to your game system.  :)
I hope new videos surface soon showcasing the gameplay with combat, movement and the effects of the map tiles.

these days -looking at your competitors- and so you are in an early stage of the project art-design decisions your team may consider choosing for the counters a bigger size (1") and for the map too (like those LnL 'big board' edition maps) then in the old Sl/ASL days.
Its also seems to be a positive trend i have witnessed as a vistor strolling the Spiel in Essen over the past years. (with Conflict of Heroes from Academy Games , the fresh released LnL game now, and also those french studio Devil Pig Games) 

...aging Grogheads have bad eyes and clumsy fingers ;)     

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Martok

Welcome aboard, darthwolle!  Glad to have you here.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

Welcome Darthwolle. Great work on the game and good luck with the roll-out.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

darthwolle

Thank you all for the welcome...

@MikeGER: We understand that hex size topic  ;D

I am preparing a vid regarding light tank battle.... I guess on weekend I will put it online.

zap

Welcome, seeing where you are from. Have to ask  is the exceptional artists working in wood still true today. I love work done in wood. High quality Artistry of German/Austrians examples that I have seen (wished I owned one or two) have won my admiration.