Main Menu

Disney

Started by besilarius, November 25, 2019, 07:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

Was thinking ab out how the House of Mickey has grown.  Hard to realise that it's first live action movie was about Robert Newton's Long John Silver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrzfrXC-sq8&fbclid=IwAR26hKYMCwFpiiAyC5YAAC2EbJ7geEQSzUVQJFesyACGCl4-8PoA2KqEyj8
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

ArizonaTank

I am amazed at how many folks I know that have gotten Disney Plus, just in the first week or so of its existence. The kids are in their late 20s, and long out of the house. But my wife signed us up day one. My sister, also an empty nester, kept talking about how great the Mandalorian is over dinner the other night. Heck, even my Dad, in his mid-80s, has even suggested that he might throw in.

That alone speaks to broad reach of Disney.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

"Begun the Mouse Wars have".
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Disney + is really solid so far, and the Mandalorian is amazing.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback