Black Desert Online

Started by Huw the Poo, October 30, 2018, 02:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I assume the sexy waifu outfits help the grinding go down easi---- wait.  :-[ :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

acctingman

I don't think there are many MMO's that don't have a "grind" to them. The main reason I don't like them as much anymore.

spelk

It runs like arse on the Xbox One.

Yskonyn

The grind is what kills this game for me in the end.

I love the world, graphics, sound and combat, but having to kill several thousand of X or rake in several thousands of Y is just making me feel I am doing chores.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

So, any MMO ever then? :P

Besides, when have you ever stuck with a game long enough to make it to endgame?  :2funny:

Rayfer

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 20, 2019, 12:56:07 PM

Besides, when have you ever stuck with a game long enough to make it to endgame?  :2funny:

LOL....that question applies to a good many of us on these forums, myself included.

Yskonyn

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 20, 2019, 12:56:07 PM
So, any MMO ever then? :P

Touche! :D

Though most games I am much more interested in more don't have 'end game', like simulators and strategy games, so bite me!  :hug:

But yes, pretty much any MMO. It took a while for me to figure this out (talking years!), because I often like the premise of building something up with a large group of players while forging a community. The supposed lore of many MMO's sound fantastic at first as well, but the gameplay mechanics get so stale for me after the shiny has weared off. Doing the same f-ing thing over and over.
So I usually jumped to the next new shiny in MMO land, cause it offered me the same short term satisfaction.
No MMO has ever stuck for me, whereas going back to strategy and even more so, simming its just a much more rewarding experience.
As far as RPGs go, I am just much more happy with a handcrafted 'interactive movie' type of thing like Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Fair enough matey.  I rarely get to level cap in MMOs to be honest, although I do plan to at least hit 56 in BDO.  I got several characters to the cap in Rift because it was so incredibly good!

For me, MMOs are all about the social.  Even if I'm soloing content, I like that I can still chat and occasionally form up with other players too.  It's weird because I'm totally antisocial in real life!

Yskonyn

Hate to break it to you, Poo-ey, but its nor only 'out there' mate.
:peace: