Fairytale of Friday

Started by JudgeDredd, December 01, 2017, 06:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Rayfer on December 02, 2017, 02:02:25 PM
Quote from: Anguille on December 02, 2017, 01:53:27 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on December 01, 2017, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: Anguille on December 01, 2017, 10:22:36 AM
I've got two Oriental Empires campaigns going on (one advanced and one new). I am also playing my second game of Dawn of Andromeda which is so much better than the first game they produced. I am having fun with it. I have i finish one of these, i'll continue my first campaign in Civilization 6. I also have my usual pbem (Field of Glory and Armada 2526).

Happy gaming guys.  :dreamer:

I was close to hitting the buy-button for Oriental Empires in both of Steams most recent sales but didn't.  What's your experience with it?  With the end of the year holiday sales around the corner, maybe the time will be right to do it.
I think it's a great game. The only "problem" is that you don't have a big variety with the different factions. You've got to have an interest in China. The main differences is between herders and farmers. Otherwise, most factions look very similar. The positive aspect is that they will be working on the game for a long time with at least a DLC on Tibet it seems. Visually, the game is fantastic as you can zoom in so close. I wished it had more info on the internal mechanics, especially the trade system as it is really complex. I recommend it.

Thanks...it remains on my Steam wish list awaiting the end of year holiday sales.

Why wait... $7

https://www.kinguin.net/category/30026/oriental-empires-steam-cd-key/

Rayfer

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 02, 2017, 02:06:39 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on December 02, 2017, 02:02:25 PM
Quote from: Anguille on December 02, 2017, 01:53:27 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on December 01, 2017, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: Anguille on December 01, 2017, 10:22:36 AM
I've got two Oriental Empires campaigns going on (one advanced and one new). I am also playing my second game of Dawn of Andromeda which is so much better than the first game they produced. I am having fun with it. I have i finish one of these, i'll continue my first campaign in Civilization 6. I also have my usual pbem (Field of Glory and Armada 2526).

Happy gaming guys.  :dreamer:

I was close to hitting the buy-button for Oriental Empires in both of Steams most recent sales but didn't.  What's your experience with it?  With the end of the year holiday sales around the corner, maybe the time will be right to do it.
I think it's a great game. The only "problem" is that you don't have a big variety with the different factions. You've got to have an interest in China. The main differences is between herders and farmers. Otherwise, most factions look very similar. The positive aspect is that they will be working on the game for a long time with at least a DLC on Tibet it seems. Visually, the game is fantastic as you can zoom in so close. I wished it had more info on the internal mechanics, especially the trade system as it is really complex. I recommend it.

Thanks...it remains on my Steam wish list awaiting the end of year holiday sales.

Why wait... $7

https://www.kinguin.net/category/30026/oriental-empires-steam-cd-key/

Wow....that's $10.00 cheaper than the most recent Steam sale.  Got it.  Thanks GR

Tuna

Quote from: Moreb on December 02, 2017, 12:50:46 AM
Quote from: Tuna on December 01, 2017, 10:55:29 AM
Tedeschi Trucks concert tonight so psyched for that!

So how was the show? This band rocks.

It was awesome, my first time seeing them! Derek Trucks is just my favorite guitarist, so I knew I was going to enjoy it. My wife actually liked it as well!

MetalDog

Sounds awesome, Tuna!  Wish I could have gone with you :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Tedeschi Trucks has been touring a lot here in NY lately too - great reviews of their shows here.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

The Allman Bothers had a big following in New England.  And with how amazing of a guitar player Derek is, it doesn't surprise me that they get a lot of business up that way.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Moreb

Quote from: Tuna on December 02, 2017, 06:05:21 PM
Quote from: Moreb on December 02, 2017, 12:50:46 AM
Quote from: Tuna on December 01, 2017, 10:55:29 AM
Tedeschi Trucks concert tonight so psyched for that!

So how was the show? This band rocks.

It was awesome, my first time seeing them! Derek Trucks is just my favorite guitarist, so I knew I was going to enjoy it. My wife actually liked it as well!

6 nights in Nashville. Been through Nashville several times. Always meant to stay...

It's amazing thinking that Trucks played shows with the Allman Bros at the age of 13. He has only gotten better with age. Bonamassa is also a fine guitarist albeit a bit more clean than Trucks. Both started young. I love this version of Claptons The Core he did with Shannon Curfman. He and Trucks go way back. If you like Guitar based songs this is a must.

When dongles fly? - mirth

jamus34

Well finally got my Necro in Diablo 3 to a level I can kick ass and take names.

Beyond that not much going on.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on December 01, 2017, 05:30:54 PM
^post impressions!

For the Empire Divided DLC -- I've run into a couple of bugs so far: sent my cav archers looping around my outnumbered enemy for example to dismount and take the city center of... um, Bithnyia et Pontus I think. (The town, not the province which is actually capital'd by Nicomedia.) This should have ended the battle but it didn't. When some archers ran out of ammo, I sent them to hold the center for kicks, and ordered my mobile archers to mount up again, whereupon they got totally frozen and never moved or did anything else again. Fortunately, as my spears started to rout (with me winning the battle handily up to that point!) my archers all got more ammo... somehow... is that a thing? I mean, is that something in the game engine now? I sure don't recall it before!  This allowed me to shower the enemy from a couple of directions before my spears totally failed, and that was the end. (Except for my archers which got more ammo but which COULDN'T shoot anymore for no clear reason other than the ammo was phantom ghost arrows of hope and fairy dust.)

It was so goofy, though, that I've autobattled with crushing superiority since then, just to be safe.

Not nearly as goofy as what happened at Sinope, as I'm rolling west along the southern coast of the Black Sea, heading for Nicomedia to pick up my faction's main goal path. I zip up my three armies, not hideously huge but sufficient, and set one to attack the city... but no options come up to siege or attack or retreat or whatever. Weird. I still keep my other two armies close and prepare them to raid the countryside. (Oh, and raiding is supposed to reduce siege holdouts by 2 turns per raiding party, but that mechanic seems broken.) End turn, and during the AI doomscroll, this ship comes swanning in from the north. It's a Goth admiral (or, y'know, the equivalent thereof). This little southern proto-viking saunters up with a splinter boat of maybe 20 guys, and somehow TAKES OVER THE FIGHT! -- WITH MY GUYS ACTING AS SUPPORT! I was so confused I thought, wait, is he helping me?? I started this fight! So I kept at it, and blam naturally we take the city in the assault. But now it belongs to the Goths. Who hate my guts.

Now I have the fun choice of goading the Goths to declare war on me (and thus on my Sassinid overlords whom I can't get out from under yet), and so having ships running down onto my coastal towns to do raids perhaps; or else turning around early to fight Palmyra (whom as a tertiary goal I'd rather be friends with but who invaded the Sassies on turn 1.) Or I can declare war on my Sassylords early and get curbstomped. I may take my chance with the Goths...

(Just to reiterate from earlier, I'm playing the Armenians.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd