[closed]Dom 4 Christmas 2016 !

Started by Yskonyn, December 03, 2016, 01:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

I noticed the new turns this morning when I logged in -- but I got sent new turns for all the characters I thought I set to AI, too.

Haven't been back home where I could open them yet. I really wasn't expecting to get a Turn 2 about them, though...  :o ???
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Bad news. I downloaded Abyssia's turn, and read this message:

"CD key violation: Your CD key (23060-....) has been used on multiple installations (Abysia and Agartha). Your orders have not been executed."

Curiously, Agartha's turn was not sent back. Don't know what that means. (Factions sometimes have different names based on their earliest existing version, but Agartha existed and was called Agartha in the Early Age. And I can account for the identity of all the factions I did get back.)

Going to the next AI on the list, Asphodel, I got the same error, except pairing Asphodel and Caelum -- and except I did get Caelum's 2nd turn.

Going to the Llama page for the game, I notice that Agartha isn't on the list as waiting for the turn to be sent.

My current theory is that Agartha did get set to AI, but for some reason the game flagged all my other turns as being a violation of CD keys on multiple computers; which would be fair except I'm not using multiple computers. (Nor am I using a Steam copy, but a Gamersgate copy with a CD key that has to be entered manually.)

If so, the game is borked.  :-\ I don't even know what to do differently for a restart, since all I did was, in effect, what the Llamaserver instructions themselves say to do for turning pretenders to the AI. The only difference between any of them (other than I may have sent Agartha's turn in first before Abyssia by accident, explaining why it got accounted as legal and so switched to AI) is that Ysk was technically playing C'tis (having designed them), and I went into Llama to set its email to mine since the server wasn't sending the first game turn to Ysk for unknown reasons. And that difference made no difference!  -- C'tis was sent back as a CD violation, too.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

jamus34

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 20, 2017, 06:05:01 PM
Bad news. I downloaded Abyssia's turn, and read this message:

"CD key violation: Your CD key (23060-....) has been used on multiple installations (Abysia and Agartha). Your orders have not been executed."

Curiously, Agartha's turn was not sent back. Don't know what that means. (Factions sometimes have different names based on their earliest existing version, but Agartha existed and was called Agartha in the Early Age. And I can account for the identity of all the factions I did get back.)

Going to the next AI on the list, Asphodel, I got the same error, except pairing Asphodel and Caelum -- and except I did get Caelum's 2nd turn.

Going to the Llama page for the game, I notice that Agartha isn't on the list as waiting for the turn to be sent.

My current theory is that Agartha did get set to AI, but for some reason the game flagged all my other turns as being a violation of CD keys on multiple computers; which would be fair except I'm not using multiple computers. (Nor am I using a Steam copy, but a Gamersgate copy with a CD key that has to be entered manually.)

If so, the game is borked.  :-\ I don't even know what to do differently for a restart, since all I did was, in effect, what the Llamaserver instructions themselves say to do for turning pretenders to the AI. The only difference between any of them (other than I may have sent Agartha's turn in first before Abyssia by accident, explaining why it got accounted as legal and so switched to AI) is that Ysk was technically playing C'tis (having designed them), and I went into Llama to set its email to mine since the server wasn't sending the first game turn to Ysk for unknown reasons. And that difference made no difference!  -- C'tis was sent back as a CD violation, too.

Maybe because you are using a GG copy instead of steam?

Is so, what if you just email the AI pretenders you made to Ysk or myself and we add them?

But try 2 might be borked.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Ysk couldn't get the server to send him C'tis' turn 1, and it ended up on the CD violation list. I'm dubious that sending him back all my AI turns will work any better than C'tis did for him, and it would still leave C'tis left over.

I feel pretty strongly that the update which happened between making the pretenders and generating their first turn, is what has botched everything. I can't prove that for certain.

Oh, Dominions, how I hate and love you, harsh pagan mistress...  >:(  :pullhair: :dreamer: :smitten:

Yskonyn

Ok that is weird and unfortunate at the same time...
Do we care for a restart or are we tired of this, chaps?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

I'm sorry to say that at this point I'd rather just be playing other games and not worrying about Dom4.  :pullhair:  :'(

No reason any number of us couldn't restart the game vs each other I guess, and to hell with the AI pretenders.

Yskonyn

Yeah I feel the same at this point.
Lots of games to play.
Lets call it quits for now. Perhaps when morale has risen again we can try to restart a vs game.

Thanks for participating guys.

JasonPratt

Chortle... I thought Ysk was going to 'end' or otherwise stop the game, so I didn't bother doing it myself. This morning I come to work and find a huge batch of 12 hour warnings and 3rd turn files for Caelum and all the AIs.  ::) :buck2:

Note to self: kill the game after brunch...

Yskonyn

I thought I had... Llama is being iffy. :)

JasonPratt

Lol, it's still sending turns out!  ::) :P

I went in a minute ago and declared the game finished with admin powers. Twice. (It asks twice with the password just to be sure.) We'll see if that takes. It should send out one more email alerting to the game ending.

jamus34

It did, we should be good I think
Insert witty comment here.

Yskonyn

Heh, well at least I am not crazy then and now I can be sure I did press that Game End button in Llama. :D