Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Quote from: Skoop on December 20, 2018, 01:47:09 PM
What about all the people who bought the aircraft and can't fly it with updates ?

"Attention! Starting DCS World version 2.5.4 this module will be unavailable! Please use DCS World version 2.5.3 or below!"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225574

From Facebook:
Quote:
Dear VEAO Customers,
We regret to inform you that we are ceasing development of all DCS modules effective immediately. This was a very difficult decision to make - our aim was always to provide high quality content and support for the DCS platform, however due to reasons beyond our control, continuing to partner with Eagle Dynamics is no longer a viable option for us.
We want to thank all of you who supported us and our products and we apologise for any disappointment this announcement may have caused. We are so lucky to have been a part of this amazing community for the past thirteen plus years, and are very sorry that our time as a business has come to an end.
Thank you once again,
Chris, Pete + VEAO team

Skoop

I'm sure this will get resolved, no way is anyone keeping an old version of Dcs to fly that hawk.  I don't see how having it continue in an incomplete state with latest version of DCS is harmful other than there's a licensing pissing match gong on somewhere.  I smell a class action suit coming around the corner for VEAO or dcs.

mbar

The developer of the Hawk, VEAO Simulations, has gone out of business and cannot continue to support the module.

jomni

Quote from: mbar on December 20, 2018, 02:42:55 PM
The developer of the Hawk, VEAO Simulations, has gone out of business and cannot continue to support the module.

They can sell it to some other studio to continue supporting it. No one wants to pick it up?

Grim.Reaper

Wow, I never thought that would be possible that aircraft would be removed....I could understand not further updating, but removing, yikes....will make me think about future purchases for sure.

Jarhead0331

There are a lot of technical problems with this aircraft. I'm assuming it's uncorrectable without scraping much of the code.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 20, 2018, 05:16:24 PM
Wow, I never thought that would be possible that aircraft would be removed....I could understand not further updating, but removing, yikes....will make me think about future purchases for sure.

This is what happens when the base game keeps changing.

Jarhead0331

So the WWII stuff is pretty deeply discounted...is it worth it?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 21, 2018, 11:20:54 AM
So the WWII stuff is pretty deeply discounted...is it worth it?
lol - I was thinking the exact same thing!!
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Meh...I did it. For $30 I got the Normandy map and the WWII assets. I figure at that price, the map alone is worth it...and, well...I also got the Fw190...What!?! I needed something to shoot down B-17s with.  :-[
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Although not interested in the WWII planes and such, was thinking of picking up the map....just not sure how strange that would be flying modern jets over it.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 21, 2018, 12:00:52 PM
Although not interested in the WWII planes and such, was thinking of picking up the map....just not sure how strange that would be flying modern jets over it.
You don't have to - you have the P-51 don't you?

Also, can you fly modern jets in it? With B-17s etc? That would be pretty cool

(I have a sneaking suspicion I might have asked that before)
Alba gu' brath

mbar

Yep you get a P-51 trainer for free in DCS World.

Grim.Reaper

I may have that aircraft, never noticed:)  Regardless, I am mostly interested in maps that would support flying the modern jets since that is what most interested right now.

Yskonyn

There is nothing stopping you from screaming overhead Normandy with modern jets afaik.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."