Main Menu

MSFS 2020

Started by Jarhead0331, April 04, 2024, 09:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoop

The PMDG 737 is the best Boeing in MSFS, you can get the 800 on its own and it's pretty much all you'll need.  They are releasing the 777 soon if you want something for long hauls.

The Fly By Wire A320neo is really good freeware, feels almost payware, good place to start if you want to try Airbuses.  They are also working on an A350 addon.

If you want to go further into Airbus, the Fenix A320 is top notch, best payware airbus, might be the best payware addon rival only to PMDG.

DesertFox

Nice, thanks for the info Skoop!  I wouldn't even know where to begin looking there is so much available.
"Information, the first principle of warfare, must form the foundation of all your efforts. Know, of course, thine enemy. But in knowing him do not forget above all to know thyself. The commander who embraces this totality of battle shall win, even with the inferior force."
-- Spartan Battle Manual

Skoop

If you try the fly by wire a320, it comes with an installer that has links to the documentation.

It also will allow you to download their AI traffic "FSTL".

It's the best AI traffic program in MSFS and it's freeware. 

It really helps the immersion having the proper airline skins at the proper locations when you're flying.

It's also synced with the in game atc so you'll get warnings and go arounds when the traffic is in the way.

Redwolf

I still don't get how I am supposed to operate the Airbus 320 that is included with the game. There's no pdf manual. Just for starters I don't know V1 and V2 without some documentation. Maybe I should buy one of the for-pay mods...

Rayfer

I'm not much of a flight sim guy but have been considering this one because it's on sale on Steam for 40% off...$36.00 and might be fun for a non-serious but curious flight simmer. What say you to this? A good introduction to flight sims? And while I'm at it...just what is 'fly by wire' that's been mentioned often on this thread?

Pete Dero

Quote from: Redwolf on April 20, 2024, 10:30:11 AMI still don't get how I am supposed to operate the Airbus 320 that is included with the game. There's no pdf manual. Just for starters I don't know V1 and V2 without some documentation. Maybe I should buy one of the for-pay mods...

https://www.flightsimulator.com/aircraft-manuals/

Payware manuals should contain more info (e.g. Airbus tutorial by Aerosoft for FSX) :
https://aerosoft-shop.com/shop-rd/manuals/airbus-a318-a319_vol6.pdf

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on April 20, 2024, 10:51:36 AMI'm not much of a flight sim guy but have been considering this one because it's on sale on Steam for 40% off...$36.00 and might be fun for a non-serious but curious flight simmer. What say you to this? A good introduction to flight sims? And while I'm at it...just what is 'fly by wire' that's been mentioned often on this thread?

Most modern aircraft work on a "fly-by-wire" system. Pilot inputs on the yoke or stick do not directly control the flight surfaces of the aircraft, like elevators, ailerons, rudders, etc., as was the case with older traditional aircraft. Rather, they are detected by a computer, which translates the inputs and then moves the control surfaces accordingly. 

With fly-by-wire, there is no direct connection between pilot and aircraft. Some purists dislike this, but it does make piloting easier and most cases, safer.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Redwolf

Quote from: Rayfer on April 20, 2024, 10:51:36 AMI'm not much of a flight sim guy but have been considering this one because it's on sale on Steam for 40% off...$36.00 and might be fun for a non-serious but curious flight simmer. What say you to this? A good introduction to flight sims? And while I'm at it...just what is 'fly by wire' that's been mentioned often on this thread?

It is fairly beginner friendly.

Fly-by-wire aircraft these days have all control input go through a computer that prevents you from doing things obviously stupid that would lead to e.g. a stall.

Redwolf

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 20, 2024, 11:46:46 AM
Quote from: Redwolf on April 20, 2024, 10:30:11 AMI still don't get how I am supposed to operate the Airbus 320 that is included with the game. There's no pdf manual. Just for starters I don't know V1 and V2 without some documentation. Maybe I should buy one of the for-pay mods...

https://www.flightsimulator.com/aircraft-manuals/

Payware manuals should contain more info (e.g. Airbus tutorial by Aerosoft for FSX) :
https://aerosoft-shop.com/shop-rd/manuals/airbus-a318-a319_vol6.pdf

Thank you.

Skoop

The Mod team is also called Fly By Wire that has put out some pretty good content for the sim.  They enhanced the ingame A320 to near payware standard.  You download it through the installer on their site and the launcher / installer has a good manual with pictures / diagrams linked in it.  It's definitely a good place to start.