Game of Thrones Risk

Started by besilarius, July 08, 2015, 07:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Nefaro

Hrmmm..

May be tempted, if only for use with the less hardcore gamers.

Cyrano

I marvel at how well this game that so many have played and loathed has morphed into such a wonderful series of games...

Battlefield, Godstorm, Legacy, Lord of the Rings, Napoleon, &c., are all really good games in their own rights and, as Nefaro said, nice gateway games for those not into my "Empires in Arms" obsession...

Good on em...looks like an easy purchase from here...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

You forgot Castle Risk...  still have a hard time finding that one

and you could always include some spiritual successors to Risk in there, too - A&A, Attack!, War! Age of Imperialism, and/or Dust
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

That looks AWESOME!!!  I'm the guy you guys look down on.  Never played a board game more complicated than RISK.  But I sure do love it!!  And this looks like a smash hit!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob