What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailrunner

My project to organize my ASL SK counters continues.  Next up are the Italians and axis minor, and then the system counters.  Once I figured out how I wanted to do the labels, I've made steady progress, and it's been somewhat mindless and enjoyable, certainly more fun than clipping counters (which I don't enjoy).  I listen to a classic rock station on Pandora and wonder which songs will make Metal Dog's bracket feeder.  However, I am looking forwarding to finishing, clearing off my game table, and getting back to actually playing.

BanzaiCat

^ I'd call you a sadist, but that's some impressive organizational skills. I think you made GJK make a pup tent in his pants.

GJK

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 20, 2017, 03:18:14 PM
I think you made GJK make a pup tent in his pants.

Indeed.  Are those RAACO storage containers trailrunner?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

trailrunner

Quote from: GJK on August 20, 2017, 04:58:58 PM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 20, 2017, 03:18:14 PM
I think you made GJK make a pup tent in his pants.

Indeed.  Are those RAACO storage containers trailrunner?

They are Hozan containers.  Pretty nice, but not cheap.

BanzaiCat

I have a copy of Dark, Darker, Darkest coming sooner or later. Couldn't pass up the price (basically free with Amazon credits) and after having read reviews and watched a few playthrough videos, the game looks pretty fun. I've heard it's fiddly as hell, but Lonesome Gamer did a great playthrough series of it on YT, and I figured it would make good GH playthrough forum fodder in the future. Especially around Halloween, perhaps.

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 20, 2017, 06:04:12 PM
I have a copy of Dark, Darker, Darkest coming sooner or later. Couldn't pass up the price (basically free with Amazon credits) and after having read reviews and watched a few playthrough videos, the game looks pretty fun. I've heard it's fiddly as hell, but Lonesome Gamer did a great playthrough series of it on YT, and I figured it would make good GH playthrough forum fodder in the future. Especially around Halloween, perhaps.

May sell mine sometime, to free up shelf space.  That big box takes up a lot of space, and I've never even played it. 

Nefaro

A steady flow of cardboard the "Oops" man brings ...   :nerd:

BanzaiCat

I cleared away Flash Point Fire Rescue last night and put down Gliders from the Sky. Good, simple, quick-playing game covering the assault on Fort Eben Emael on May 10-11, 1940. The historical scenario is not at all a challenge (much like it was in real life, I think), but there's several options for ramping up the difficulty to make it more of a challenge.

Next going to cut out St. George's Valor's pieces and try it out, too.

Just got Dark, Darker, Darkest in the mail yesterday and took a look...the Lonesome Gamer's video play-through of it didn't do it justice. I like his vids, but Lord, he needs light on his subjects. The pieces are pretty cool and the game looks to be a lot of fun. Will probably get to this by Halloween to do an AAR or something on it, then.

Should be getting Conflict of Heroes: Guadalcanal, Ghostbusters: The Boardgame, and Alien vs. Predator: The Hunt Begins (2nd ed.) tomorrow, then getting The Captain Is Dead by early next week and War in the Wind: The Battle of Attu 1943 by mid-September.

Always wanted a Conflict of Heroes game but wasn't sure if I should start with the Russian Front version or this Pacific War version. Guadalcanal was a bit cheaper so I went for that. I think Ghostbusters and AvP would be great forum games, here. War in the Wind was a surprise; I'd not heard of it before and found it, of all places, on Walmart.com.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Nefaro on August 22, 2017, 04:45:33 PM
May sell mine sometime, to free up shelf space.  That big box takes up a lot of space, and I've never even played it.

I know that feeling. I'm about to do a re-org of my shelves. I'm thinking of selling off all my X-Wing minis that I've accumulated and never played, for starters. :(

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 23, 2017, 07:33:24 AM

I know that feeling. I'm about to do a re-org of my shelves. I'm thinking of selling off all my X-Wing minis that I've accumulated and never played, for starters. :(

that could fund your trip to Origins, where you can buy all sorts of X-Wing minis that can sit on your shelves unplayed O0
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

No, it won't. No way I'm getting that much scratch from a few games.

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 23, 2017, 07:33:24 AM

I still haven't played Sails of Glory either.  May have to put that one up for grabs, too, along with a few others.  Shelf cleaning time.

Will post my sale list here shortly before offering them anywhere else, in case somebody's looking for any of them.

Cyrano

Lord, if not playing something meant selling it...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Quote from: Cyrano on August 25, 2017, 02:42:48 PM
Lord, if not playing something meant selling it...

Sucks, but I started taking a realistic look at how soon I may actually be playing a few of these games in big ass boxes. 

Pretty sure I may never get to some of those near the bottom of my huge "To Play" stack, unfortunately. 

At that point, I have to tell myself I'm basically just collecting a big box with pretty cardboard & plastic inside.   :-\   

Self intervention?    :-"

Cyrano

No one likes a quitter.

Next thing, you'll be telling me I'm NOT likely to play that copy of "Princess Ryan's Star Marines" I bought at the GenCon auction because it was $1.

Some people.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806