Main Menu

Verizon Angst

Started by Bison, April 20, 2012, 04:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I actually really like Verizon, but since there is technically no service in my location I have to order a phone in the lower 48 and have it activated and shipped to me from someone down there.  What really burns my ass is that I've activated a couple of phones up here over the years.  Once after I dropped a new phone into a water puddle just days after recieving it.

Anyway I've decided to go with a smart phone to help attempt to manage my day to day life of emails, calendar and such.  I'm opting for the iPhone 4, 8 GB model.  I thought about getting a larger storage one, but I think that is just over kill.

Anyone have an iPhone 4?  Did they fix the reception issues?

LongBlade

My kids have otterboxes which might help solve the issue. So far I've heard no complaints about them with the boxes on, but I have no idea if the issue has actually been resolved or if the boxes fix the issue.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

I've heard that too LB.  I'll have to get one just to help protect it from my daily adventures in tech destructive activities.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Bison on April 20, 2012, 04:02:36 PM
I actually really like Verizon, but since there is technically no service in my location I have to order a phone in the lower 48 and have it activated and shipped to me from someone down there.  What really burns my ass is that I've activated a couple of phones up here over the years.  Once after I dropped a new phone into a water puddle just days after recieving it.

Anyway I've decided to go with a smart phone to help attempt to manage my day to day life of emails, calendar and such.  I'm opting for the iPhone 4, 8 GB model.  I thought about getting a larger storage one, but I think that is just over kill.

Anyone have an iPhone 4?  Did they fix the reception issues?

If it's the 4S then you're all set. If it's the original 4 then all you need is a cover on at least the back to correct the reception issues. Anything between your hand and the surface of the phone is enough.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison

OK.  Sweet.  I just had them put on an otterbox, so that fix all the issues.