Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, June 10, 2016, 05:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Let's see...

0.) Dl'd Warframe (maybe back on Thurs) and Team Fortress 2. Haven't done much of anything with them yet, other than the initial Warframe tutorial escape mission.

00.) I know for a fact somewhere back there I started playing Sleeping Dogs, but probably wasn't over the weekend.

1.) Played several Rounds of Twilight Struggle with Bartheart and updated my/our AAR thread on it.

2.) Got into Total War: Rome 2 for the first time since I bought the Emperor's edition (and a bunch of DLC) some year ago. Haven't done much with it yet except check over the factions in the oldest (also the original) grand campaign, and then barely failed the first tutorial battle -- I was doing great, but didn't move along fast enough to save the city center from being taken.

2.5.) Also looked into the status of Rome2 mods; apparently Divide et Imperia is the way to go?

3.) Played a few Soulstorm co-op battles against bots. Got my Orky skilz back, made sure I hadn't forgotten how to do a good Eldar build. ;)

4.) Got 3/4 of the way thru Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones in my playthrough every few years. This incidentally is what got me interested in doing TW as Persia in antiquity.

5.) More work on my Vicky 2 campaign as Qinghai, aka the worst nation in the game, including updates for an AAR I haven't started posting yet.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Anguille

i ended up playing  only Grand Ages Rome...i am about to finish the main campaign (one map left).

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 13, 2016, 12:47:07 PM

2.5.) Also looked into the status of Rome2 mods; apparently Divide et Imperia is the way to go?

The DEI mod drastically changes some mechanics, and adds others. 

It's a good mod (more hardcore than vanilla), but you also need to read up on what it does & get used to it's details.  I also think the creator(s) may have gone a bit overboard with parts of their Supply system, in trying to make it varied by cultural type (bit messy w/o much payoff IMO).

I'd suggest just running the grand campaign with vanilla, and maybe some visual mods if you wanna beautify it a bit more.  For example, the DEI Faction UI frames and Unit Card art is also available as standalones for the vanilla game. 

The vanilla game is enjoyable nowadays, and you'll still need to re-familiarize yourself with it before jumping into the deeper end of the pool.