R.I.P. Stephen Hawking

Started by SirAndrewD, March 14, 2018, 12:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Barthheart

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 14, 2018, 12:28:28 PM
Once a good scientist then an anti- semetic prick babbling about aliens.  If it wasnt for the wheel chair he would have been shit canned a while ago.

In his later years he got progressively drafted into supporting causes on which he was much less competent to speak -- sometimes bringing even his own astrophysics work into eye-rolling derision.

...yes, I'll just pretend I intended that pun, since those causes tended to run that way. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Emeraldlis

Quote from: mirth on March 14, 2018, 05:45:18 PM

I love that quote of his too  O0 I think the day we stop being curious and asking questions is the day we die! And I can really respect his advice about not giving up, with what he put up with from his early 20s with his own illness, he knows what he's talking about because of his own suffering  :'( And the fact that he maintained such a good sense of humour throughout his life, despite his circumstances is something to emulate :)

R. I. P professor Stephen Hawkins
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog