School shooting in Florida

Started by OJsDad, February 14, 2018, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIGMaster

I ran across a piece somewhere that stated 3% of the population in the US owns 100% of all the guns - it seemed highly suspect.

Staggerwing

Quote from: MIGMaster on February 20, 2018, 08:51:55 PM
I ran across a piece somewhere that stated 3% of the population in the US owns 100% of all the guns - it seemed highly suspect.

Yeah, what're that 3%  up to? Hmm...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on February 22, 2018, 07:59:51 AM
Ya think?

I try not to do that... it only leads to trouble, fear, and madness.

Staggerwing

Yeah, I heard that earlier. The resource cop stayed outside for around 4 minutes until backup arrived. He was also old enough to retire so when the Sheriff was going to suspend him he opted for instant retirement instead.

Gusington

This is a whole new level of wtf, including two other sheriff's deputies who were at the shooter's house repeatedly for a variety of calls that all led to nothing. I don't get it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I hate to bring politics into this discussion but you know somebody would.  ;D  Broward County is a Liberal bastion here in Fla. They are a sanctuary city and ALWAYS vote democrat-- nothing wrong there. But they reject the whole 2nd Admenment thing and are very much against the whole 'Conceal & Carry', 'Stand-Your-Ground' laws etc. It doesn't surprise me that Law Enforcement is on a short leash there and if given the option to carry a weapon on school grounds most teachers there would refuse. Probably even sue to stop it. Only one armed guard at a school 46 acres in size and 3200 students in size reeks to me of the non-judgemental 'Gun-Free Zone' policy so out-of-date today. I bet if this kid tried to carry a Bible into school instead of an AR-15, he would've been tackled, hand-cuffed, and drug by his thumbs into the next county.

I know this may offend some, and I don't mean to. But this county is as Left Wing as it gets here in Fla. and their behavior supports that. Not the kids you understand. They are still victims and no one can blame them for this tragedy. My 2 cents.  :peace:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on February 23, 2018, 09:15:38 AM
This is a whole new level of wtf, including two other sheriff's deputies who were at the shooter's house repeatedly for a variety of calls that all led to nothing. I don't get it.

He might not have actually committed an arrestable offense. Can't really blame the cops for not busting him if there was nothing to nab him for. The deputy who didn't go in, though...that's not a good look at all.

Gusington

I don't know...there were about 20 calls from different members of the shooters family, people who knew him, who said he was close to exploding and a true threat...and that he was armed.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on February 23, 2018, 08:41:53 PM
I don't know...there were about 20 calls from different members of the shooters family, people who knew him, who said he was close to exploding and a true threat...and that he was armed.

True, but did he do anything that he could actually be taken into custody for?

Staggerwing

Is there really any comparison between deputies conducting home visits that may or may not have provided enough to warrant further scrutiny, and an armed cop choosing to stay outside a school while shots were being fired inside? I cannot pretend to know what was going through that cop's mind but I also cannot help but wonder how it could have gone, had a different cop been on duty at that school that day.

Arctic Blast

^^There are now some reports that there were FOUR deputies who wouldn't go in.

I can somewhat understand one, since a cop is typically not going to be trained to just wade in to a situation on his own that he doesn't know the extent of. But FOUR? If that's true, it's utterly indefensible.