Nork Nukes Nearing Nuisance?

Started by bayonetbrant, March 14, 2017, 11:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

No worries, Rodman will be there to keep things from getting out of hand.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: mirth on March 08, 2018, 07:51:55 PM
Clinton got played like a strumpet.

Adjusted your text's autocorrect feature.

I haven't checked Scott Adams' blog recently, but I'd be willing to bet a Coke that he's fawning over how much of a psychological player genius Trump is, at going hard for his fanbase and then backing off in order to look like he's making concessions to negotiate when really Trump is getting as much as he wanted to begin with.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

{checking} Nope, actually Adams hasn't posted since March 4th or 5th (short term memory lapse here). Maybe out sick, who knows.

He did suggest, back on Valentine's Day, a clever strategy that Trump could offer in the event of opening up negotiations with the Norks.

http://blog.dilbert.com/2018/01/17/north-korea-can-become-switzerland-east/

By clever, I mean that we offer to become one of the co-protectors (along with Russia and China) of the even-worse-than-Soviets regime. The Nork government can continue oppressing its people in peace as much as it wants, but it has to unilaterally disarm its military (and nuke programs).

This plan depends on (a) the United States being willing to look the other way (and on century-long concession goalposts being agreed to by NK which will hamper them exploiting their own people) -- but then a small fleet of ours was in Danang recently flying a Vietnamese flag from its flagship, so sure, why not? And (b) Kim Il Jung being rational and his ego fits being only some sort of scam and not indicative of his actual mindset. On this topic I remain much more cynical than Scott Adams.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Seen a few reports that Kim Jung Un has made a secret trip to Beijing.  This is his first trip out of NK since we became dictator.  Perhaps Xi needed some advise from a seasoned dictator for a newly minted one. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Some of life's skills can only be handed down from (Dear) Father to (Dear) Son.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Labbug

OJsDad

I'm guessing NK will require the US to pull all forces out of ROK and not to hold any more exercises in ROK. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Li'l Kimmy's most important requirement for starting negotiations is opening a KFC franchise in Pyongyang.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

And Rodman for President.  :hide:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

...wait, so is Scott Adam's policy advice going to come true?!  :o

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd